Web-exclusive: Track athletes sign with Division I schools

0
''

By Stephen Cook

Signing
With their families nearby, Hayes Grissom (left) and Monet Jackson (right), track athletes, sign contracts with Div. I schools Wednesday, Feb. 6. Photo by Stephen Cook

Two members of the college’s track team signed contracts with Division I schools Feb. 6. Hayes Grissom will be attending Troy University and Monet Jackson will be throwing for Colorado State.

Grissom, who throws javelin at the college, said it feels really good to have made a decision and to be done with the difficult and sometimes stressful selection process.

“I was reminding myself that I was blessed to be in such a situation where I am getting recruited,” Grissom.

Track and field Coach Phil Groves introduced the two during the signing, complimenting them for their hard work and dedication.

“Both these young people have really exemplified what it means to be a Cavalier,” Groves said. “They’re fantastic athletes, they’re outstanding students and they’re better people.”

Contact Stephen Cook, copy editor, at scook35@jccc.edu.

''