JCCC Student Senate

0
''
By Forest Lassman

flassman@jccc.edu

Photos by Anya Ivantseva

PRESIDENT

John Rives

jrives
Forest Lassman: What made you run for student senate?

John Rives: I was already in the student senate [and] I have been for the last semester. I really enjoyed doing it. As student president I’m going to enjoy expand¬ing the role and being more involved on campus.

FL: What is your vision for student sen¬ate?

JR: I would like to see the student senate get more involved in the campus than it already is. We do some great programs already, [and] I would like to see increased involvement. I would like to see the sena¬tors interacting more with the students and let the students know there is a student senate.

FL: If you could have lunch with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?

JR: Probably George Washington. He was one of the greatest statesmen in history, and he really understood the principles of capitalism and democracy.

FL: What are your future plans for education?

JR: I plan to finish here with a general science degree and an automotive technologies degree and transfer to Wichita to get an aerospace engineering degree.

FL: Do you have any hobbies?

JR: I enjoy playing guitar. I like to listen to music a lot. I really love history and reading books.

VICE PRESIDENT

Samantha Ricci-Weller

srweller

Samantha Ricci-Weller: I decided to run for student senate because I really, really love Johnson County Community College, and I wanted to be a part of the team that was making it better for the students and the faculty.

SRW: My vision for the student senate is to become more face-to-face with the student body with more events and more activities sponsored by student senate.

SRW: I would probably have lunch with Emma Stone because I really look up to her. She’s always herself, she’s super funny and cool and I just really want to be her friend.

SRW: I am a pre-nursing major. I’ll be applying to nursing schools for the fall of 2016.

FL: Do you have any hobbies?

SRW: I really enjoy laughing, so anything that makes me laugh. I like hanging out with friends and watching shows on Netflix. Right now I’m really into “Criminal Minds,” so right now my hobby is getting through that without getting a heart attack.

TREASURER

Vivian Law

v-law

Vivian Law: I was in student senate spring 2014, and as I was in student senate, I wanted to have more position, so that’s why I chose this position.

FL: What is your vision for student senate?

VL: My first vision is that I want more people to be involved in the student senate. [Having] more members and reaching out to more students and doing more events.

VL: I think Barack Obama. I really value him and think he’s a really cool person.

VL: I am going to be an actuary. I am majoring in mathematics.

FL: Do you have any hobbies?

VL: I love to play soccer and do yoga.

SECRETARY

Carissa Stefani

cstefani

Carissa Stefani: Three semesters ago I was a part of the student senate, just not in the executive board position, and I really liked it since they are in charge of the whole well-being of the clubs. I’m also really involved in International Club and a lot of other clubs, so student senate is really important.

CS:
I want student senate to be well known so all the students want to join. That’s one of our main goals to make student senate grow.

CS: Someone like Audrey Hepburn. She’s been such an inspiration to me because of her acting career and because she’s such a good humanitarian, and she’s so involved in a lot of volunteering stuff. She’s just a really incredible person.

CS: I’m studying chemical engineering right now. I’m probably going to go to KU.

FL: Do you have any hobbies?

CS: I mostly like to just watch movies and read comic books.

''
SHARE
Previous articleUnified in unicycling
Next articlePolice Briefs