Medical Coding Specialist
The AGA Group™ is a healthcare and professional staffing company located in Overland Park Kansas. We are working with a midtown Kansas City Missouri Dental Office who is looking to add a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist to their office team. Our client’s office is just one block north of Research Medical Center. While dental office experience is preferred we will also consider your candidacy is your experience has been in a medical office.
This is a full time position working 32 hours a week. We will be flexible with the work hours and days.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a dental office with medical billing and coding duties. Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Translate patient information and into alphanumeric medical code.
- Collect, post, and manage patient account payments.
- Submit claims to major insurance companies.
- Prepare and review patient statements.
- Review delinquent accounts and call for collection purposes.
- Process payments from insurance companies.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Code patient services and enter into computer.
- Sort and file paperwork.
- Ensure healthcare facilities are reimbursed for all procedures.
- Handle information about patient treatment, predeterminations, diagnosis, and related procedures to ensure proper coding.
- Know several different coding systems, including Level 1 HCPCS and Level 2 HCPCS.
- Use computers to read and organized charts.
- Follow up to see if a claim is accepted or denied.
- Investigate rejected claim to see why denial was issued.
- Investigate insurance fraud and report if found.
- Managing the facility’s Account Receivable reports to include end of week reports and monthly reports
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer Associates degree in Medical Billing and Coding or Accounting; however, two years of experience in a dental or medical office in lieu of education may also be considered
To Apply: http://tiny.cc/z5oxcy