The Educational Technology Center will host these workshops for the Fall 2016 term:
- Using Poll Everywhere, Wednesday, 10/26/16, 2-3 p.m., LIB 373, Jeff Kosko. Poll Everywhere engages your class with interactive polls and seeing immediate results. You’ll be asking your students to use their phones, tablets, or laptops to respond to polls that you present. The results appear live on the display. You can use this tool to quiz your class, discuss the results, and use that insight to guide the classroom discussion or curriculum as you move forward through your presentation.
- Using the Eno Board in the Learning Studios, Wednesday, 11/16/16, 2-3 p.m., OCB 107, Jeff Kosko. The Eno interactive whiteboard was intentionally designed to combine both analog markers and digital multimedia into one surface. The result is the simplicity of a traditional whiteboard with the interactivity of a large flat panel display that transforms active learning and teaching in the classroom.
- Getting Started with D2L, Tuesday, 11/29/16, 1-3 p.m., LIB 373
- Using Respondus, Wednesday, 11/30/16, 2-3 p.m., LIB 373, Jeff Kosko. Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to D2L or other learning management systems. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment, or moved from one LMS to another. Exams can be imported from Word files and uploading directly into your course. Access and import thousands of Respondus-compatible publisher test banks.
- Building Your Course in D2L, Thursday, 12/1/16, 1-3 p.m., LIB 373
- Using Communication Tools in D2L, Tuesday, 12/6/16, 1-3 p.m., LIB 373
- Using Assessment Tools in D2L, Thursday, 12/8/16, 1-3 p.m., LIB 373
- Using the D2L Gradebook, Tuesday, 12/13/16, 1-3 p.m., LIB 373
- Managing Your Course in D2L, Thursday, 12/15/16, 1-3 p.m., LIB 373 Let us know if you have additional requests at email@example.com