The Educational Technology Center is offering the following workshops during Professional Development Days:
- 3D Printing at the Ed Tech Center – January 12, 2016, 10-11 a.m. This session will give a basic introduction to 3D printing and the general workflow with our printer.
- D2L Overview – January 12, 2016, 11 a.m. – noon. This session will provide an overview of the features in DesiretoLearn that are available to faculty to facilitate both online and face-to-face instruction at JCCC. The newest information on enhancements and changes to D2L will be discussed as well.
- Recording Classroom Video – January 12, 2016, 2-3 p.m. We will discuss various methods and technologies for recording and delivering of classroom video. We will also touch on available resources and services at JCCC for “higher end” video production.
- Lightboard Open House – January 14, 2016, 2-3 p.m. Come take a look at JCCC’s first Lightboard and see how it can be used to create incredible student facing instructional videos for online education or “flipped classroom” instruction.
- Using Poll Everywhere – LIB 373, January 14, 2016 2-3 p.m. In this session you will learn how to use Poll Everywhere. Poll Everywhere lets you engage your audience or class anywhere in real time via their smartphone, text capable phone, web, or twitter. Type your question into the poll creator, select the kind of poll you want to make, and press “create.” That’s it. Your poll is ready to share with participants!
- Using Zoom Web Conferencing – LIB 373, January 15, 2016 2-3 p.m. In this session we will look at Zoom web conferencing. We will cover the basics of logging in, starting and ending a live session, sharing content, and archiving sessions.
No registration is required for these sessions. For individual support, stop by LIB 375 or make an appointment with an Ed Tech Analyst at email@example.com or ext. 3842, or let us know if you’d like training customized for your department. For the D2L iTeach training series, see also http://tinyurl.com/d2l-train-continued