The Educational Technology Center will host these workshops for the Fall 2016 term:
- D2L Introduction – The Basics, Monday, August 15, 10-11 a.m., Bob Epp will present in LIB 373.
- Some Finer Points of D2L Grades, Monday, August 15, 10-11 a.m., Saul Epstein will present in LIB 371.
- Engaging Students with EDpuzzle, Monday, August 15, 1-2 p.m., Paul McCourt will present in LIB 373. During this session we will take a look at the features offered by EDpuzzle, a free web based application teachers can use to easily edit video clips, add voice overs, and embed quizzes for a more engaging student experience. We will go over how to trim a video, add audio notes, embed questions, and review the responses to questions presented in the video.
- Using Zoom for Online Office Hours, Monday, August 15, 2-3 p.m., Zack Zahringer will present in LIB 373.
- D2L Gradebook – Introduction, Tuesday, August 16, 10-11 a.m., Bob Epp will present in LIB 373.
- Toogles? Gools? Tools from Google at JCCC, Tuesday, August 16, 11 a.m.-noon, Saul Epstein will present in LIB 373.
- The Future of Clickers, Tuesday, August 16, 2-3 p.m., Jeff Kosko will present in LIB 373. Come learn how Poll Everywhere can provide instantaneous feedback in your classroom. Poll Everywhere is a simple cloud-based application that uses students phones to interact with a fast mobile-friendly web page. Instructions are displayed on-screen and results are displayed and updated in real time.
- Using the D2L Awards Tool, Wednesday, August 17, 2-3 p.m., Jeff Kosko will present in LIB 373. This new D2L tool allows for positive reinforcement for learners by rewarding and acknowledging desirable and positive behavior. We will show how to create badges and award them to students, adding an award widget to your homepage, how students view awards, and creating custom designed badges.
- Using Zoom Web Conferencing, Thursday, August 18, 2-3 p.m., Jeff Kosko will present in LIB 373. In this session we will look at Zoom web conferencing. We will cover the basics of logging on, starting and ending a live session, sharing content, and archiving sessions.
- Using Sway and Prezi Presentation Tools, Friday, August 19, 10-11:00 a.m., Jeff Kosko and Zack Zahringer will present in LIB 373. Learn how to use Microsoft Sway and Prezzi presentation tools. We’re going to show you how to use both tools and discuss the pro’s and cons of each.
- Lightboard Open House, Friday, August 19, 2-3 p.m., Zachary Zahringer. Come down to Television Studio B (LIB 147) and see our Lightboard in action. We will demo how it works and what you need to prepare to create powerful student facing videos for flipped classrooms and online courses.
- Using Camtasia Studio, Friday, August 19, 2-3 p.m., LIB 373. Paul McCourt will present this session – we will cover the key features of Camtasia Studio. Screen recording, adding media, webcam recording, voiceover, closed-captions and adding a quiz to the video.
Let us know if you have additional requests at firstname.lastname@example.org