Adjunct Grants, Tuition, and Travel Funds
Available as alternate source of funds for professional and personal development for adjunct employees (limit one per fiscal year) in areas of:
- Conference attendance (available only for adjunct faculty and part-time staff with no travel budget)
- Conference presentation (amount depends on type of presentation–see below)
- Specialized training
Application: Links to the types of applications are listed below. The forms are pdf files that can be filled out online and printed for signatures.
|Grant Type||Grant Description||Application|
|Participation as a SOLE PRESENTER for a specific SESSION at a conference||APPLY|
|Conference Poster or Panel Presentation
|POSTER PRESENTATION or PANEL DISCUSSION at a conference||APPLY|
|Conference Attendance only with no out of district travel funds||APPLY|
|Training for NEW skills which result in continuing education hours, certification or licensure for a specific individual||APPLY|
Submit to: Staff & Organizational Development, Susan Hoffman, RC 152, Box 35
- The application with all requirements must be submitted prior to the registration deadline or commencement of the activity.
- The Special Grant Committee will vote on the applications one week following the application deadline. *March meeting will be two weeks following the application deadline. Funding will only be considered on the months the committee meets.
- Application deadlines for the 2019-2020 fiscal year are:
- August 20, 2019
- September 17, 2019
- October 15, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 3, 2019
- January 21, 2020
- February 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020*
- April 7, 2020
- May 5, 2020
The committee reserves the right to interview applicants if deemed necessary.
Any questions about the Special Grant process and application should be directed to confer with a member of the Special Grants committee as they prepare their application
- Grants will be awarded on activity merit and availability of funds
- Reimbursement will not exceed the total amount approved
- Special Grant Committee Members & FAQs
- Applicants must have an Individual Development Plan (IDP), or Portfolio that is less than 2 years old.
- Special Grant request must relate to goals as indicated on the IDP/Portfolio
- International travel requirements:
- All applications involving international travel must be submitted to the International Office for consideration first
- Documentation of funds approved by the International Committee must be attached to the special grant application
- All international requests must be signed by the President of the College
Funding Source: Staff and Organizational Development budget
Additional Information: email@example.com or ext. 3213
Funding for requests to participate in national or regional offices of a professional organization or support in some unique way.
Submit to: Staff and Organizational Development, RC 152, Box 35
Additional Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 7654
International Travel Grant
As part of its ongoing efforts to internationalize the campus and the curriculum, JCCC provides opportunities for faculty and staff to participate in international professional conferences and exchange programs that provide direct benefit to the college and enhance the employee’s knowledge and understanding of other cultures. International Travel Grants are one way that JCCC supports these opportunities.
All employees are eligible, with highest consideration for funding given to faculty, and to those who
meet the following criteria:
- Adjunct faculty who have completed at least six semesters of employment.
The maximum amount possible from an International Travel Grant is $2,000. Applications should be submitted to the International Education Office (COM 220) and are reviewed and approved by the International Education Committee, which has representation from each division. The committee meets monthly. The criteria used by the committee to award funding is printed on the last page of this application.
Eligible faculty and staff may seek additional funding from their department and the Staff Development Office for their international travel.
Personal travel, while often beneficial, cannot be funded through college sources.
Faculty and staff who receive International Travel Grants are required to submit a written report to the International Education Committee after their return from the travel. Full-time faculty and staff who receive travel grants are expected to be employed by JCCC for one semester post travel.
Click here for the application and criteria.
One Time Continuing Education Opportunity
Sessions may be taken for either personal or professional development through the JCCC Continuing Education Department or through an off-campus organization event held in the metropolitan Kansas City area. It is available to all JCCC employees once per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
To apply, fill out the One Time Continuing Education Form and submit to Staff and Organizational Development, RC 152, Box 35. Applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis; budget for this activity is limited and will be expended as a total amount for the year.
- Registration will be submitted by the Staff Development office; no reimbursements will be made
- Submit a current Individual Development Plan (IDP) with the One Time Continuing Education Form.
- Applicant is responsible for any amount exceeding the allocation of this award
For additional information, please contact email@example.com or ext. 7654
Credit Tuition Reimbursement
Information about the tuition reimbursement policy can be found here.