Available as alternate source of funds for professional and personal development of all JCCC employees (limit one per fiscal year) in areas of:
- Conference attendance (available only for adjunct faculty and part-time staff with no travel budget)
- Conference presentation (amount depends on type of presentation–see below)
- Specialized training
Application: Links to the types of applications are listed below. The forms are pdf files that can be filled out online and printed for signatures.
|Grant Type||Grant Description||FT Faculty|
|Participation as a SOLE PRESENTER for a specific SESSION at a conference||APPLY|
|Conference Poster or Panel Presentation
|POSTER PRESENTATION or PANEL DISCUSSION at a conference||APPLY|
|Conference Attendance only with no out of district travel funds||Not eligible|
|Training for NEW skills which result in continuing education hours, certification or licensure for a specific individual||APPLY|
Submit to: Staff & Organizational Development, Susan Hoffman, RC 152, Box 35
- The application with all requirements must be submitted prior to the registration deadline or commencement of the activity.
- The Special Grant Committee will vote on the applications one week following the application deadline. *March meeting will be two weeks following the application deadline. Funding will only be considered on the months the committee meets.
- Application deadlines for the 2019-2020 fiscal year are:
- August 20, 2019
- September 17, 2019
- October 15, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 3, 2019
- January 21, 2020
- February 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020*
- April 7, 2020
- May 5, 2020
The committee reserves the right to interview applicants if deemed necessary.
Any questions about the Special Grant process and application should be directed to confer with a member of the Special Grants committee as they prepare their application
- Grants will be awarded on activity merit and availability of funds
- Reimbursement will not exceed the total amount approved
- Special Grant Committee Members & FAQs
- Applicants must have an Individual Development Plan (IDP), or Portfolio that is less than 2 years old.
- Special Grant request must relate to goals as indicated on the IDP/Portfolio
- International travel requirements:
- All applications involving international travel must be submitted to the International Office for consideration first
- Documentation of funds approved by the International Committee must be attached to the special grant application
- All international requests must be signed by the President of the College
Funding Source: Staff and Organizational Development budget
Additional Information: email@example.com or ext. 3213