Institutional Learning Outcomes
Successful Johnson County Community College students will be prepared to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Use quantitative skills to analyze and process information.
- Acquire, interpret, and analyze information and apply appropriate problem-solving techniques to determine and evaluate solutions.
- Communicate effectively with clarity and purpose.
- Be prepared to practice community engagement that reflects democratic citizenship, environmental responsibility, diversity, and international awareness.
- Be independent lifelong learners who have the skills necessary for economic, physical, social, mental and emotional wellness.
General Education Student Learning Outcomes
At the course, program and institutional level, Johnson County Community College is committed to cultivating in our students the following Student Learning Outcomes in the general education curriculum. Successful students will be able to:
1. Access and evaluate information from credible sources.
2. Collaborate respectfully with others.
3. Communicate effectively through the clear and accurate use of language.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the broad diversity of the human experience and the individual’s place in society.
5. Process numeric, symbolic and graphic information.
6. Read, analyze and synthesize written, visual and aural material.
7. Select and apply appropriate problem-solving techniques.
8. Use technology efficiently and responsibly.