COMMUNITY & SOCIAL
Take the opportunity to engage with
friends and colleagues.
1. Sign up to participate on JCCC’s CORPORATE CHALLENGE TEAM. The Kansas City Corporate Challenge (KCCC) is an Olympic-style charitable event that allows participants to interact with each other through sporting events every April through June. We encourage all JCCC employees to check out the options and pick their favorite sport—even if that sport is to stand on the sidelines and cheer on your co-workers!
Registrations open yearly mid- to late-January, and close early- to mid-March.
Watch InfoHub messages for announcements on registration dates.
Want more information about Corporate Challenge? Check out kccorporatechallenge.com or contact Mary Anne Matos at email@example.com.
2. The COMMUNITY BLOOD CENTER will be on campus Tuesday, Feb. 4 and Wednesday, Feb. 5 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in RC 101.
3. Participate in a department potluck celebration. Why not celebrate the Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day, Earth Day and Administrative Professionals Day? Let’s face it … we like to eat!
4. Challenge another department on campus to a CAKE WAR. Each team has to concept, bake and decorate a cake. The best part? Everyone wins when it’s time to taste test! Give out awards and vote on the winners!Prize-winner ideas: Most Delicious, Best Decorated and Most Creative.
5. Start a BOOK CLUB with your department. You’ll learn something new about the book topic and each other. Here’s one of our favorites:
• I-Engage Your Personal Engagement Roadmap by Bob Kelleher
6. Give back to the community. Find a local nonprofit and volunteer your team. Here are a few ideas: Help organize a food drive for Cav Cupboard (JCCC’s FOOD PANTRY) or build a house with Habitat for Humanity.
7. Become the BIGGEST JOHNSON COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE FAN around! Whether it’s basketball games in the GYM or baseball and softball games, in the spring. Root for our JCCC sports teams!