- JCCC’s Zumba with Zoom taught by Luz Alvarez – Mondays/Wednesdays 5:00 – 5:50 IN YOUR ROOM
- First, enroll in CRN 30104 using my.jccc.edu
- Once you are enrolled, go to canvas.jccc.edu. Log in with your single login and look for the course ZWEL-135-002. Once you are inside, on the left column you will see ZOOM, click and go to the meeting. You need to have your speakers to listen to the music.
- JCCC’s Weight Training Class taught by Tim Hall – Tim has graciously sent us a 4-week workout plan, along with videos of the exercises, and a warm-up and stretch plan!
- Peaceful Stretch – Facebook Live on Tuesdays 7pm (CST)
- YMCA Health & Fitness Videos – Free On-Demand
- CorePower Yoga: If you’re looking to complete your yoga flow at home, CorePower Yoga is offering free streaming live classes for you each day. If you are already a member, you’ll now be able to enjoy full unlimited access to all online classes through CorePower Yoga On Demand, which include 20-60 minute versions of the same CorePower class formats you’re used to in the studio. For those who are not members, CorePower is still providing free access to a limited collection of online classes available weekly.
- Planet Fitness: Known as being the “judgement free zone” of the fitness space, Planet Fitness will be hosting “Home Work-Ins” – a series of free fitness classes for everyone – that will be streamed live on Planet Fitness’ Facebook page daily at 7 p.m. EST. Classes will be led by Planet Fitness certified trainers, as well as special guests like “The Biggest Loser” coach and fitness trainer Erica Lugo, among others. For anyone who can’t participate live, each workout will also be available to view on both the Planet Fitness Facebook page and YouTube channel after the broadcast is over.
- Gold’s Gym: Try one of the over 600 audio and video workouts on the Gold’s Gym AMP app, which they are offering for free through the end of May. Get started at goldsamp.com/promo, and enter promo code FIT60.
- Peloton: The Peloton App is now free for 90 days – and you don’t even need a bike! It can be used to coach you through outdoor runs and walks, treadmill, bootcamp, strength, yoga and meditation.
- Down Dog Yoga: All apps – Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout are free access until July 1st for all students and teachers (K-12 and college). The @jccc.edu domain has already been registered! Download on your favorite app store for Apple or GooglePlay and register using your @jccc.edu email address.
- JCCC For Safety’s Sake: Working from home may pose challenges to our workstation ergonomics.
Mental & Emotional Well-Being
- JCCC’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Tel: (800) 624-5544
- Action for Happiness – Coping Calendar
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- The Science of Well-Being – Online course through Yale
- Six ‘Quarantine Questions’ to ask yourself for daily self-care – video
- 1. What am I grateful for today?
- 2. Who am I checking in on or connecting with today?
- 3. What expectations of “normal” am I letting go today?
- 4. How am I getting outside today?
- 5. How am I moving my body today?
- 6. What beauty am I creating, cultivating, or inviting in today?
To share a resource, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org