The schedule for Fall 2018 Professional Development Days is now available! Sessions are organized around different topic tracks, which can be sorted on the calendar: Teaching & Learning, Student Success, Employee Success, Technology Training, Wellness, and Campus & Safety.
- Registration is encouraged but NOT required.
- Instructions for registering can be found here. If you have any questions about the PDD schedule or registering, please contact Elaine Sinn at extension 3655 in the office of Faculty Development.
Everyone is invited to attend the JCCC Faculty Symposium during PDD week on Tuesday, Aug. 14, from 1 to 4 p.m. in the Regnier Center.
Opportunities for faculty development include:
- Adjunct Certification Training 2018-19
- Membership in the Kansas City Professional Development Council
- To request a substitute click here: Don’t Cancel That Class!
- Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Day
Don’t Cancel That Class!
If you have to miss a class for some reason (conference attendance, illness, etc.), you don’t have to cancel it. You can request a presentation about the different campus services and resources available to students, including:
- Career Development Center
- Student Life
- Small Business Development Center
- Academic Achievement center
- Privilege Walk
- Student Wellness
Mentoring and Peer Review
The purpose of the JCCC mentoring and peer review program is to acquaint new faculty members with opportunities and resources for their first year. Please attend an orientation session to learn how to have a successful mentoring relationship with a new faculty member or contact Farrell Hoy Jenab for more information.
Individual Development Plan (IDP)
Individual Development Plan completion is voluntary; however, it may be an eligibility requirement for funding through the Staff & Organizational Development Office. We suggest completing your IDP online so that you may enter information and save it, at multiple sessions if you desire. Please note It is best to allow pop-ups while working with your IDP. (Note to Mac users: Firefox browser works better than Safari)
To complete your IDP online:
- Log into MyJCCC
- Select JCCC Applications located in the list in the gray box to the right
- Under the General arrow located on the left, Select Individual Dev. System
- You must PRINT your IDP, sign and date it. (Supervisor’s signature optional)
You may scan it as a pdf file and send it to email@example.com or send the hard copy to Staff and Organizational Development, GEB 275, Campus Mail Box 43. It will be scanned electronically and then returned to you.
- Adjunct Certification Training (ACT) provides adjunct faculty with the tools and resources to assist them in becoming more effective educators in the classroom. Details in the link above.
- New Faculty Orientation (also known as LENS) is a year-long program that acquaints new full-time faculty with JCCC history, culture, procedures, and instructional issues. Facilitators are Luz Alvarez, David Krug, and Farrell Hoy Jenab.
- Outside organizations that offer professional development programming, certifications, and online resources such as the Kansas City Professional Development Council, STARLINK, the League for Innovation, and Writing Across the Curriculum.