Adjunct Faculty Lieberman Teaching Excellence Award
The Lieberman Award recognizes outstanding performance by adjunct or College Now faculty members.
Don’t Cancel That Class!
If you have to miss a class for some reason (conference attendance, illness, etc.), you don’t have to cancel it. You can request a presentation about the different campus services and resources available to students, including:
- Career Development Center
- Student Life
- Small Business Development Center
- Academic Achievement center
- Privilege Walk
- Student Wellness
Adjunct Certification Training
Adjunct Certification Training (ACT) provides adjunct faculty with the tools and resources to assist them in becoming more effective educators in the classroom. Details on required and elective courses are available in the ACT Brochure and Schedule. Enrollment is limited to 30 participants per semester. Certification requires completion of the nine required modules and at least one elective module within a two-semester sequence, with the option to extend for one additional year. Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct will receive a one-time stipend of $800. For more information and an application, click here.
- Outside organizations that offer professional development programming, certifications, and online resources such as the Kansas City Professional Development Council, STARLINK, the League for Innovation, and Writing Across the Curriculum.
Individual Development Plan (IDP)
Individual Development Plan completion is voluntary; however, it may be an eligibility requirement for funding through the Staff & Organizational Development Office. We suggest completing your IDP online so that you may enter information and save it, at multiple sessions if you desire. Please note It is best to allow pop-ups while working with your IDP. (Note to Mac users: Firefox browser works better than Safari)
To complete your IDP online:
- Log into MyJCCC
- Select JCCC Applications located in the list in the gray box to the right
- Under the General arrow located on the left, Select Individual Dev. System
- You must PRINT your IDP, sign and date it. (Supervisor’s signature optional)
You may scan it as a pdf file and send it to email@example.com or send the hard copy to Staff and Organizational Development, GEB 275, Campus Mail Box 43. It will be scanned electronically and then returned to you.
- New Faculty Orientation (also known as LENS) is a year-long program that acquaints new full-time faculty with JCCC history, culture, procedures, and instructional issues. Facilitators are Luz Alvarez, David Krug, and Farrell Hoy Jenab.
Mentoring and Peer Review
he purpose of the JCCC mentoring and peer review program is to acquaint new faculty members with opportunities and resources for their first year. Please attend an orientation session to learn how to have a successful mentoring relationship with a new faculty member or contact Farrell Hoy Jenab for more information.