Tip! “LockDown” Browser for Chromebook
Skip back to main navigation
UPDATE AUG 2021: The Chromebook feature is now standard in Respondus Lockdown Browser and installation guidelines will redirect students to the proper place in order to enable/download it on their machine.
Respondus Lockdown Browser for online proctoring is now available for students with Chromebooks. JCCC has turned on a new Chromebook option to allow both the Lockdown Browser and Monitor using Canvas Quizzes.
This is now automatically available for Windows, Macintosh and Chromebook computers.
Instructions for Students
- Log into the Chromebook and start Google Chrome
- Log into Canvas and navigate to the exam that requires LockDown Browser
- Select the link for downloading and installing LockDown Browser
- The LockDown Browser installation link using Chromebooks will direct the student to the Chrome web store, at which point they should select “Add to Chrome” to install the LockDown Browser Extension.
- Students will want to log out of Canvas and close the Chrome browser to finish the installation of the Chrome extension. After starting up the browser and logging into Canvas the Respondus enable quizzes should work.