Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a way to encourage people to do good. It is now an independent nonprofit focused on inspiring others to do good whether that means donating to charities or helping out a neighbor! Learn more about #GivingTuesday on their website.
Here are some local organizations you might consider donating to today:
- Goodwill empowers people to discover their potential and adapt for the future through the power of work.
- Help Goodwill accomplish their mission by donating to Goodwill’s Holiday of Giving Campaign!
- Creating disciples on and off the court.
- Freedom Hoops is looking for donations to help raise $7,500 to cover all costs for 15 young men to go to summer camp!
- Donate Here!
- Rise Against Hunger is growing a global movement to end hunger by empowering communities, nourishing lives, and responding to emergencies.
- This Giving Tuesday you can help by donating money to Rise Against Hunger and provide meals to those in need! Donate here.
- $250 provides 700 emergency meals
- $120 provides treatment to a child facing malnutrition
- $75 provides a child a year of meals
- $60 provides a food basket for an at-risk family