There is an immediate job opening in the IT Department for a Systems Administrator. The following partial job description explains this full-time position located at the West Des Moines Corporate Office. The position is primarily Monday through Friday with occasional overtime and some travel.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
Administers retail, corporate, distribution center, and subsidiary systems, applications, and services. Redhat Linux experience is preferred, but not a requirement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FREQUENCY:
|1. Administers and maintains workstations and servers including peripherals and software.|
|2. Troubleshoots workstations and servers including peripherals and software.|
|3. Works with retail, distribution center, subsidiary and corporate personnel to resolve technical problems.|
|4. Manages Systems alerting and monitoring tools used in the enterprise.|
|5. Plans and performs disaster recovery procedures.|
|6. Provides second level support and assistance to Support Services.|
|7. Works with outside consultants and vendors to resolve technical issues.|
|8. Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of hours.|
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
High School or equivalent experience. Two to three years of additional schooling with an emphasis in computers is preferred.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must possess the ability to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; evaluate technical data; and counsel or advise people.
- Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at 20 inches or less up to 20 feet or more with or without correction; and color vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Fingering, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please apply online at Hy-Vee.com/Careers. The deadline for applying is Thursday, September 8th at noon. To be considered for this position you must submit a resume to ITCareers@hy-vee.com.