Respondus has 2 different capabilities, a quiz generator and a lockdown browser.
Respondus Quiz Generator
is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to D2L. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment, or moved from one LMS to another. Whether you are a veteran of online testing or relatively new to it, Respondus will save you hours on each project.
- Create exams and assessments offline using a Windows interface
- Supports up to 15 question types, including calculated and algorithmic formats
- Import questions from MS Word (including embedded images), rich-text, QTI, and tab/comma delimited formats
- Access to thousands of Respondus-compatible publisher test banks – FREE to instructors who adopt a participating textbook
Preview, Publish and Printing Features
- Preview questions before publishing them to D2L
- Publish exams and assessments directly to an online course (media files are automatically uploaded)
- A “batch publish” feature allows assessments and surveys to be published to multiple courses in a single step**
- Determine point values and exam settings offline
- Print exams/surveys directly from Respondus, or save files to MS Word or rich-text format
Retrieval and Reporting Features
- Retrieve exams from the leading learning platforms, complete with media files*
- Retrieve custom reports, such as student scores, summary statistics, and answer distributions*
- Download answer databases for quizzes or surveys and save them in an Excel-compatible format*
- Archive and restore exam/survey projects (including media content) with one click — ideal for providing a colleague with a ready-to-use exam
Respondus LockDown Browser
is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system. Used at over 1000 higher ed and K-12 institutions, LockDown Browser is the top choice of educators for securing online exams in classrooms or proctored environments.
Prevents Cheating During Online Exams
Students are unable to copy, print, access other applications, or visit other websites during an online exam.
To Download the Software via JCCC Infoshare.