The Fifth Annual Cavalier Conference on Writing and Literature will take place on April 12 in the Regnier Center. The conference will feature 27 presentations from high school, community college, and four-year college instructors.
Teachers from the following schools are giving presentations or speaking on panels: Rockhurst University, Emporia State University, Columbia University Teacher’s College, University of Kansas, Kansas City Public Schools, Lee’s Summit High School, Olathe West High School, Washburn University, Gardner Edgerton High School, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Fort Hays State University, Pittsburg State University, Garden City Community College, Seaman High School, Kansas State University, Emporia High School, and Johnson County Community College.
The keynote speaker will be Kathleen Blake Yancey, Kellogg W. Hunt Professor of English and Distinguished Research Professor, Florida State University.
The following professors from JCCC are giving individual presentations or participating on panel discussions:
- Farrell Jenab, Director of Faculty Development
- Ruth Heflin, Adjunct Professor of English
- Ted Rollins, Professor of English
- Janice Hodgkin, Adjunct Professor of English
- Amy Pace, Adjunct Professor of English
- Staci Petrillo, Adjunct Professor of English
- Dan Cryer, Assistant Professor of English
- Beth Gulley, Professor of English