Adjunct Certification Training
Please complete the Adjunct Certification Training program application here and then click on the link below for this year’s schedule and instructions to enroll.
The Adjunct Certification Training (ACT) provides adjunct faculty with the tools and resources to assist them in becoming more effective educators in the classroom. Details on required and elective courses are available in the ACT Brochure and Schedule. Enrollment is limited to 30 participants per semester. Certification requires completion of the nine required modules and at least one elective module within a two-semester sequence, with the option to extend for one additional year. Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct will receive a one-time stipend of $800.
Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct instructor should be:
- Cognizant of the college’s mission
- Aware of policies and procedures of the academic branch
- Comfortable in the college’s learning community
- Equipped with more resources to enhance student learning in the classroom
All adjunct faculty members are encouraged to apply for ACT. Primary consideration will be given to adjunct faculty who have:
- The recommendation of his/her academic director
- Limited or no teaching experience