The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) is searching for the next Executive Director of the Kentucky Fire Commission and Fire Rescue Training. Position details are as follows:
The Executive Director of the Kentucky Fire Commission and Fire Rescue Training is responsible for training, safety, education and funding of volunteer fire departments and paid firefighters across the Commonwealth of Kentucky and will report to the KCTCS Vice President primarily responsible for Administrative Services. The position will be responsible for improving legislation that regulates fire service in Kentucky. The Executive Director must be accessible 24×7 and available to subordinates, superiors, fire fighters, government officials and the general public.
• Direct the operations of Fire Commission and Fire Rescue Training
• Perform Homeland Security duties including supervising Governor’s exercise team, daily communication and correspondence and training coordinator, and memorandum of agreements (MOAs)
• Budget development, consultation, administration and review of $50 million annual budget
• Participate in committee, departmental, staff, fire school and fire departmental meetings
• Develop programs, policies and procedures for the Fire Commission and Fire Rescue Training
• Act as a legislative liaison for advocacy and research
• Review fire service training and equipment loan applications and grants
• Coordinates with KCTCS Chancellor for credit fire service educational program planning and teaching
• Bachelor’s Degree and seven (7) years related experience or equivalent
• Master’s Degree in Business (MBA), Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Master’s Degree in Fire Science, or related applicable discipline
• Previous experience in Fire Rescue, Fire Rescue Training, Emergency/Crisis Management
• Strong Supervisory/Leadership skills
• Prior administrative experience – Has either led or significantly contributed to organizational leadership including fiscal management of a large decentralized organization
• Experience with Kentucky Fire Service
• Experienced public speaker – well-spoken and charismatic with ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences
• Approachable/Charismatic/Recognized Leader
• Prior governmental and legislative relations experience
• Ability to think strategically
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to transfer vision through leadership and personality into verifiable results
• Sound listener, strong motivator, with proven track record of accomplishments
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
For full consideration, please apply by Friday, May 31, 2019.
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
To apply, visit https://bit.ly/2DR4mUR
For questions regarding the above position, contact us by emailing