The Riverside Fire Department provides Fire, EMS, Rescue, and other specialized services to a suburban community located northwest of downtown Kansas City, MO in southern Platte County. Our area of response is approximately 7 square miles. The department is an ALS non-transport EMS provider and contracts its ambulance transports with City of Kansas City and American Medical Response. The department maintains a vigorous in-house training program, along with sending our personnel to to outside training including winter and summer fire schools and much more. The department trains for and maintains these specialized areas: technical rescues, ice rescues, swift water, and boat operations.
Full-time and Part-time positions available, both non-exempt
This position controls and extinguishes fires and engages in search and rescue for the preservation of life and property in addition to responding to medical emergencies and and administering life saving measures as defined by the MO State Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Must be 19 years of age at time of application.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
- Must have Firefighter 1 & 2 certifications.
- Must have a MO Paramedic License at time of hire.
- Must have a current Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) & Fire Service Entry Exam (FSEE) – not required for part-time hires actively working full-time in another department
212 hours in a 28 day work period. Operates on a 48/96 cycle that includes nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime assignments. Part-time positions pick up available shifts as needed.
Compensation & Benefits
$17.05-$25.58 per hour or $47,000-$70,500 annually
Full-time employees are eligible for full city benefits beginning 1st of month following hire
How to Apply
Apply Online via the link on the Career Opportunities page. Applications may also be accompanied by a cover letter and resume.
If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Copy of your valid state driver’s license
- Copy of your birth certificate
- Copy of your certifications/licenses
- Copy of your military DD-214