Honors Students

Ball State University (Indiana)

Q: Do you accept transfer students in your Honors Program/College?

A: Yes, although the program is designed to be completed in four years and will be a challenge in two.

Q: How do transfer students apply to your Honors Program/College?

A: Find application information online.


Q: Does your institution offer a Phi Theta Kappa scholarship? If so, how much may transfer students count on? What are the restrictions?

A: For out of state PTK students, we award students that transfer, after completing an associate degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher, a scholarship that gives them in-state tuition for two years if completing an on campus degree. For Indiana Residence that are Phi Theta Kappa members that transfer after completing an associate degree with a 3.5 or higher, we award a $4,500 scholarship renewable for 2 years if they are completing an on campus degree.

Q: What are your Honors Program/College completion requirements?

A: 8 honors courses and completion of a senior thesis.

Q: Does your Honors Program/College offer a seminar or track specific to transfer students? How do you support transfer students in your program?

A: No specific track.