Messages from 2018 “Message in a Bottle” Campaign

Messages for the “Message in a Bottle” campaign were gathered from participants at JCCC’s House Party as well as Interpersonal Communication course students. Around 200 messages were collected and given to Valley Hope and Johnson County detox centers. These are a sampling of some of those heartfelt student messages:

“You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“You are loved! You have worth! You matter!”

“I have had family member in a similar position that you are in and it really does get better. It will be okay, keep fighting and stay strong.”

“I have been in your shoes, recovery is not easy. But it is worth it and YOU are worth it. Keep working towards it no matter how difficult the road is or what obstacles you face. If you struggle, remember it’s okay to ask for help, there are people who want to see you succeed. Find a sponsor, work the steps, and work on yourself. You are loved!”

“You’re going to go through tough times, that’s life. But, I say ‘nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” –Joel Osteen

“In the middle of every difficulty, lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein

“There was a time before you were addicted. Remember that time? You’ll get there again. If you believe in yourself, you will be unstoppable.”

“You’re not worthless, you’ve probably only forgotten how valuable you are.”

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Keep fighting for yourself. It’s worth it. You are not alone.”

“Stay Strong!!!”

“Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.”

“Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But place them in the kingdom of God.”

“It’s not about how hard you are hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” – Sylvester Stallone

“You must see the value in yourself as you encounter life’s challenges.”

“Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller

“A champion is defined not by their wins, but by how they can recover when they fall.”

“Courage isn’t having the strength to go on. It is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Napoleon

“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.”

“Hi! You don’t know me but I am proud of you. I am proud that you made the decision to get help and better yourself. You are almost there, keep going, keep your head up and stay positive.”

“Hey! You are in recovery! Congrats! I actually am really proud of you! You are working towards bettering yourself and that is really awesome JKeep up the hard work but remember it is okay if you have to take a few steps back.”

“My recovery must come first so that everything I love in my life does not have to come last!”

“You are valuable. You are loved. And you are worth it. Tomorrow will be a better day.”

“Great job! You decided to get the help you needed, which for my mother was the hardest part… Recovery isn’t easy either, but you can do this, you already did the hardest part.”

“Be somebody your younger self would look up to.”

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle  Take it one day at a time, it does get easier. If a day is too long, take an hour at a time, and if that still is too long, take it by the minute.

“Bruh, you are not alone. I have been where you are now. There is still time for you, I promise!”

“It’s never everyone, and you are never the only one.”

This entry was posted in Alcoholism and Drug Addiction. Bookmark the permalink.