Do You Need Nar-Anon?
(A Questionnaire for Parents, Spouse, Relatives, etc.)
Ask yourself the following questions and answer them as honestly as you can:
- Do you find yourself making excuses, lying or covering up for your child, spouse, relative or friend?
- Do you have reason not to trust your child, spouse, relative or friend?
- Is it becoming difficult for you to believe his/her explanations?
- Do you lie awake worrying about your child, spouse, relative or friend?
- Is your child missing school without your knowledge?
- Is your spouse missing work and are the bills pilling up?
- Are your savings mysteriously disappearing?
- Are the unanswered questions causing hostility and undermining your marriage?
- Are you asking yourself “what’s wrong?” and “is it my fault?”
- Are your suspicions turning you into a detective and are you afraid of what you might find?
- Are normal family disagreements becoming hostile and violent?
- Are you canceling your social functions with vague excuses?
- Are you becoming increasingly reluctant to invite friends to your home?
- Is concern for your spouse, child or friend causing you headaches, a knotty stomach or extreme anxiety?
- Is your spouse/child easily irritated by minute matters? Does your whole life seem a nightmare?
- Are you unable to discuss the situation with friends or relatives because of embarrassment?
- Are your attempts at control frustrating?
- Do you over compensate and try not to make waves?
- Do you keep trying to make things better and nothing helps?
- Are the life styles and friends of the child/spouse changing? Do you ever think they may be using drugs?
If you have answered yes to four or more of these questions, Nar-Anon may be able to give you the answers you are looking for.
(Above text taken from a questionnaire provided by Nar-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., 22527 Crenshaw Blvd #200B, Torrance, CA 90505 phone: 310-534-8188 or 800-477-6291, website: www.nar-anon.org)
Kansas City website: www.naranonkc.org
Meetings in the KC Area:
- Touched by Addiction Nar-Anon Meeting on Monday at 7:00 pm. *New Meeting* Begins March 5thChrist Community Church, Room 120, 14200 Kenneth Road, Leawood, KS State Line Road & 135th St. (Hwy 150), south on State Line (becomes Kenneth Road) 0.9 miles. The Church is on the west side. Follow signs to Preschool Parking on the south side of the building. Enter thru the south door, lower level.
- New Perspectives Nar-Anon Meetings on Tuesday & Thursday at 7-8:00 pm, Hope Lutheran Church, Room #104 (just off sanctuary) 6308 Quivira Rd. (Shawnee Mission Pkwy & Quivira), Shawnee, KS 66213 Email: email@example.com website: newperspectiveskc.org
- Saving Our Selves (SOS) Nar-Anon Meeting on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, St. Andrew’s HJ’s Youth Center, 6425 Wornall Rd., Kansas City, MO 64113 (Enter front entrance – meeting room on right)