1. Delegates must participate at all scheduled meetings and must be properly dressed and present at all opening roll calls. Absenteeism will automatically disqualify a delegate from being considered for an award.
2. Delegates must demonstrate understanding of the issues before their committee.
3. Delegates must display an adequate to excellent performance in all activities related to a Model United Nations Conference including caucusing, parliamentary procedure, resolution drafting, speaking, and voting.
4. Delegates must represent their assigned country in the above activities accurately and sincerely. This means that delegates must act in-character even though it may mean that they must disagree with other country delegations from their same school. Delegates acting out of character but in concert with other delegations from their school will not be considered for awards.
5. Delegates must observe diplomatic courtesy at all times. Any flagrant violation will automatically disqualify the delegate(s).
6. Position papers are an important element of judging in selecting the overall team awards. In order for a team to be considered for an overall award the team must have submitted a complete position paper package (one per each committee on which that country is seated), the papers must be in the prescribed format.
Judging will not be influenced by any means of coercion. Awards will be based only on the performance of delegates.