Sessions may be taken for either personal or professional development through the JCCC Continuing Education Department or through an off-campus organization event held in the metropolitan Kansas City area. It is available to all JCCC employees once per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
A sabbatical leave may be granted for any activity which, in the judgment of the Board of Trustees, will contribute to personal and professional growth. Sabbatical leaves are available to all full-time faculty and salaried staff after six years of full-time employment.
Available as alternate source of funds for professional and personal development of all JCCC employees (limit one per fiscal year) in areas of:
- Conference attendance (available only for adjunct faculty and part-time staff with no travel budget)
- Conference presentation (amount depends on type of presentation–see below)
- Specialized training
- Staff & Organizational Development Support – Provides financial support for departmental professional development.
- Special Support – Funding for requests to participate in national or regional offices of a professional organization or support in some unique way.
- International Travel Grant
- Tuition Reimbursement