Did your last writing assignment flop? Have you just stopped giving writing assignments altogether? Attend the writing assignment audit from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 13 in the CoLab. This workshop will focus on helping you create assignments that maximize the benefits for your students while streamlining the process for you. Presenters will offer tips on how to create writing assignments that work, as well as conduct “autopsies” to analyze participants’ own writing assignments. All disciplines are welcome! Please bring an example of a writing assignment (or one that you’re developing) from your course. Contact Farrell Hoy Jenab if you have questions.
Looking for technology training? Staff & Organizational Development will be offering the following workshops in the upcoming weeks:
- Adding Media into Presentations – CRN 30173 – January 23, 2 p.m. – RC 221
- Office 365 – CRN 30172 – February 7, 10 a.m. – RC 234
- Excel Formulas & Functions – CRN 30167 – February 15, 2 p.m. – RC 221
- More Excel Functions – CRN 30166 – February 22, 2 p.m. – RC 245
- Planner – CRN 30171 – February 28, 10 a.m. – RC 234
- OneDrive – CRN 30169 – March 6, 2 p.m. – RC 221
- Charts & Graphs – CRN 30168 – March 15, 10 a.m. – RC 221
To register for any of these classes, please follow the enrollment steps found here. If you have suggestions for future classes, please email Rachel Haynes (email@example.com).
The Spring 2018 PDD schedule is now available. To access, click here.
If you know the CRN for the course, follow these easy steps in MyJCCC.
- Log into MyJCCC. From www.jccc.edu, select Login and select MyJCCC.
- Select the Employee or Student Tabs.
- Click on the green ADD/DROP CLASSES button.
- Select the term Staff Dev 2017-2018 then click submit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and add the CRN in the blank box. Use one CRN per box.
- Click Submit Changes.
- After registering, you will receive an email confirmation to your @jccc.edu email address.
If you do not know the CRN and/or want to see what other courses are being offered, click here: Staff Development Open/Closed Class List
In the Keyword box, type all or part of the title of the course to see the schedule or check the Narrow Results column on the right for subject areas. After finding the CRN, see above for enrollment instructions.