If you have to miss a class for some reason (conference attendance, illness, etc.), you don’t have to cancel it. You can request a presentation about the different campus services and resources available to students, including the Career Development Center, Counseling, Student Life, Sustainability, the Small Business Development Center, or Success Advocates. Click here to schedule a presentation.
Did your last writing assignment flop? Have you just stopped giving writing assignments altogether? Attend the writing assignment audit from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 13 in the CoLab. This workshop will focus on helping you create assignments that maximize the benefits for your students while streamlining the process for you. Presenters will offer tips on how to create writing assignments that work, as well as conduct “autopsies” to analyze participants’ own writing assignments. All disciplines are welcome! Please bring an example of a writing assignment (or one that you’re developing) from your course. Contact Farrell Hoy Jenab if you have questions.
If you know the CRN for the course, follow these easy steps in MyJCCC.
- Log into MyJCCC
- Click on the green ADD/DROP CLASSES button.
- Select the term Staff Dev 2019-2020 then click submit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the new window. Under the section Add Classes Worksheet, enter one CRN per box.
- Click Submit Changes.
After registering, you will receive an email confirmation to your @jccc.edu email address.
If you do not know the CRN and/or want to see other available Staff Development courses that are being offered, click the “Class Search” button underneath the CRN boxes in MyJCCC.
OR you can use this direct link: JCCC Class Search
- Click “Browse Classes”
- In the “Term” drop down menu select term Staff Dev 2019-2020 and click Continue.
- Enter subject, course number, or keyword to search with parameters. To view every available Staff Dev course, leave all fields blank and click “Search”.
In the Keyword box, type all or part of the title of the course to see the schedule or check the Narrow Results column on the right for subject areas. After finding the CRN, see above for enrollment instructions.
Adjunct Certification Training (ACT) provides adjunct faculty with the tools and resources to assist them in becoming more effective educators in the classroom. Details on required and elective courses are available in the ACT Brochure and Schedule. Enrollment is limited to 30 participants per semester. Certification requires completion of the nine required modules and at least one elective module within a two-semester sequence, with the option to extend for one additional year. Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct will receive a one-time stipend of $800.
Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct instructor should be:
- Cognizant of the college’s mission
- Aware of policies and procedures of the academic branch
- Comfortable in the college’s learning community
- Equipped with more resources to enhance student learning in the classroom
All adjunct faculty members are encouraged to apply for ACT. Primary consideration will be given to adjunct faculty who have:
- The recommendation of his/her academic director
- Limited or no teaching experience
Click here for the full schedule.