The Spring 2018 PDD schedule is now available. To access, click here.
If you know the CRN for the course, follow these easy steps in MyJCCC.
- Log into MyJCCC (https://my.jccc.edu)
- Click on the green ADD/DROP CLASSES button.
- Select the term Staff Dev 2018-2019 then click submit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the new window. Under the section Add Classes Worksheet, enter one CRN per box.
- Click Submit Changes.
After registering, you will receive an email confirmation to your @jccc.edu email address.
If you do not know the CRN and/or want to see what other courses are being offered, click here: Staff Development Open/Closed Class List
In the Keyword box, type all or part of the title of the course to see the schedule or check the Narrow Results column on the right for subject areas. After finding the CRN, see above for enrollment instructions.
Staff Development is accepting proposals for January 2018 Professional Development Days (PDD) presentations. PDD sessions are 50-minutes and will be scheduled Jan. 9 through 12. PDD sessions will focus on seven tracks: teaching and learning, employee success, student success, campus and safety updates, Canvas, technology, and Higher Learning Commission. Use the PDD online form to complete your proposal. All proposals must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 17, to be considered. Contact Farrell Jenab, ext. 4756, if you have questions.
Adjunct Certification Training (ACT) provides adjunct faculty with the tools and resources to assist them in becoming more effective educators in the classroom. Details on required and elective courses are available in the ACT Brochure and Schedule. Enrollment is limited to 30 participants per semester. Certification requires completion of the nine required modules and at least one elective module within a two-semester sequence, with the option to extend for one additional year. Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct will receive a one-time stipend of $800.
Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct instructor should be:
- Cognizant of the college’s mission
- Aware of policies and procedures of the academic branch
- Comfortable in the college’s learning community
- Equipped with more resources to enhance student learning in the classroom
All adjunct faculty members are encouraged to apply for ACT. Primary consideration will be given to adjunct faculty who have:
- The recommendation of his/her academic director
- Limited or no teaching experience
Click here for the full schedule.
Upcoming hands-on-sessions will cover a variety of topics, tools, and techniques to help you become more efficient. These sessions are scheduled for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Topics include Office 365, Skype for Business, Email, Calendar, OneDrive, Planner, etc. Workshops will continue to be added to the schedule, so check back often for updates. To see the current schedule, click here. You can enroll using the CRN with the following steps:
• Please enroll using MyJCCC at http://my.jccc.edu.
• Click the big green button in the center of the window titled Add/Drop Classes.
• Select the Staff Dev 2017-2018 term, then scroll to the bottom of the page.
• In the Add Classes Worksheet section, add each CRN in a blank box.
• Click Submit Changes.
• You’ll receive an email confirmation for each CRN enrolled
For questions, please contact Rachel Haynes, technical training coordinator, at ext. 3848 or email@example.com