Looking for technology training? Staff & Organizational Development will be offering the following workshops in the upcoming weeks:
- Adding Media into Presentations – CRN 30173 – January 23, 2 p.m. – RC 221
- Office 365 – CRN 30172 – February 7, 10 a.m. – RC 234
- Excel Formulas & Functions – CRN 30167 – February 15, 2 p.m. – RC 221
- More Excel Functions – CRN 30166 – February 22, 2 p.m. – RC 245
- Planner – CRN 30171 – February 28, 10 a.m. – RC 234
- OneDrive – CRN 30169 – March 6, 2 p.m. – RC 221
- Charts & Graphs – CRN 30168 – March 15, 10 a.m. – RC 221
To register for any of these classes, please follow the enrollment steps found here. If you have suggestions for future classes, please email Rachel Haynes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Spring 2018 PDD schedule is now available. To access, click here.
If you know the CRN for the course, follow these easy steps in MyJCCC.
- Log into MyJCCC. From www.jccc.edu, select Login and select MyJCCC.
- Select the Employee or Student Tabs.
- Click on the green ADD/DROP CLASSES button.
- Select the term Staff Dev 2018-2019 then click submit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and add the CRN in the blank box. Use one CRN per box.
- Click Submit Changes.
- After registering, you will receive an email confirmation to your @jccc.edu email address.
If you do not know the CRN and/or want to see what other courses are being offered, click here: Staff Development Open/Closed Class List
In the Keyword box, type all or part of the title of the course to see the schedule or check the Narrow Results column on the right for subject areas. After finding the CRN, see above for enrollment instructions.
Staff Development is accepting proposals for January 2018 Professional Development Days (PDD) presentations. PDD sessions are 50-minutes and will be scheduled Jan. 9 through 12. PDD sessions will focus on seven tracks: teaching and learning, employee success, student success, campus and safety updates, Canvas, technology, and Higher Learning Commission. Use the PDD online form to complete your proposal. All proposals must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 17, to be considered. Contact Farrell Jenab, ext. 4756, if you have questions.
Adjunct Certification Training (ACT) provides adjunct faculty with the tools and resources to assist them in becoming more effective educators in the classroom. Details on required and elective courses are available in the ACT Brochure and Schedule. Enrollment is limited to 30 participants per semester. Certification requires completion of the nine required modules and at least one elective module within a two-semester sequence, with the option to extend for one additional year. Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct will receive a one-time stipend of $800.
Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct instructor should be:
- Cognizant of the college’s mission
- Aware of policies and procedures of the academic branch
- Comfortable in the college’s learning community
- Equipped with more resources to enhance student learning in the classroom
All adjunct faculty members are encouraged to apply for ACT. Primary consideration will be given to adjunct faculty who have:
- The recommendation of his/her academic director
- Limited or no teaching experience
Click here for the full schedule.