Staff Development is accepting proposals for January 2018 Professional Development Days (PDD) presentations. PDD sessions are 50-minutes and will be scheduled Jan. 9 through 12. PDD sessions will focus on seven tracks: teaching and learning, employee success, student success, campus and safety updates, Canvas, technology, and Higher Learning Commission. Use the PDD online form to complete your proposal. All proposals must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 17, to be considered. Contact Farrell Jenab, ext. 4756, if you have questions.
Adjunct Certification Training (ACT) provides adjunct faculty with the tools and resources to assist them in becoming more effective educators in the classroom. Details on required and elective courses are available in the ACT Brochure and Schedule. Enrollment is limited to 30 participants per semester. Certification requires completion of the nine required modules and at least one elective module within a two-semester sequence, with the option to extend for one additional year. Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct will receive a one-time stipend of $800.
Upon completion of ACT, the adjunct instructor should be:
- Cognizant of the college’s mission
- Aware of policies and procedures of the academic branch
- Comfortable in the college’s learning community
- Equipped with more resources to enhance student learning in the classroom
All adjunct faculty members are encouraged to apply for ACT. Primary consideration will be given to adjunct faculty who have:
- The recommendation of his/her academic director
- Limited or no teaching experience
Click here for the full schedule.
Upcoming hands-on-sessions will cover a variety of topics, tools, and techniques to help you become more efficient. These sessions are scheduled for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Topics include Office 365, Skype for Business, Email, Calendar, OneDrive, Planner, etc. Workshops will continue to be added to the schedule, so check back often for updates. To see the current schedule, click here. You can enroll using the CRN with the following steps:
• Please enroll using MyJCCC at http://my.jccc.edu.
• Click the big green button in the center of the window titled Add/Drop Classes.
• Select the Staff Dev 2017-2018 term, then scroll to the bottom of the page.
• In the Add Classes Worksheet section, add each CRN in a blank box.
• Click Submit Changes.
• You’ll receive an email confirmation for each CRN enrolled
For questions, please contact Rachel Haynes, technical training coordinator, at ext. 3848 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can view the full PDD schedule at blogs.jccc.edu/pdd-calendar
We look forward to seeing everyone on August 14!