Special Grant funding is available as alternate source of funds for professional and personal development for JCCC full- and part-time faculty and full-time staff.
|Conference Presentation||Participation as a SOLE PRESENTER for a specific SESSION at a conference||Up to $900|
|Conference Poster or Panel Presentation||POSTER PRESENTATION or PANEL DISCUSSION at a conference||Up to $400|
|Conference Attendance||Conference Attendance only with no out of district travel funds
(Full-Time Faculty NOT eligible)
|Up to $700|
|Specialized Training||Training for NEW skills which result in continuing education hours, certification or licensure for a specific individual||Up to $1,500|
Submit application to: Staff Development within HR, Susan Hoffman, GEB 274, Box 46 or email Shoffm29@jccc.edu
- The application with all requirements must be submitted prior to the registration deadline or commencement of the activity.
- The Special Grant Committee will vote on the applications one week following the application deadline.
|Application Deadline||Committee Meeting Date|
|September 21, 2021||September 28, 2021|
|October 19, 2021||October 26, 2021|
|November 16, 2021||November 30, 2021|
|January 18, 2022||January 25, 2022|
|February 15, 2022||February 22, 2022|
|March 15, 2022||March 22, 2022|
|April 12, 2022||April 19, 2022|
|April 26, 2022||May 3, 2022|
The committee reserves the right to interview applicants if deemed necessary.
- Grants will be awarded on activity merit and availability of funds.
- Reimbursement will not exceed the total amount approved.
- Limited to once per fiscal year.
- Part-time staff are not eligible.
- Special Grant Committee Members & FAQs
- Applicants must have an Individual Development Plan (IDP), or Portfolio that is less than 2 years old.
- Special Grant request must relate to goals as indicated on the IDP/Portfolio
- International travel requirements:
- All applications involving international travel must be submitted to the International Office for consideration first
- Documentation of funds approved by the International Committee must be attached to the special grant application
- All international requests must be signed by the President of the College
Funding Source: Staff and Organizational Development budget
Any questions about the Special Grant process and/or application should contact Susan Hoffman at email@example.com.