Special Grant funding is available as alternate source of funds for professional and personal development for JCCC faculty and full-time staff.
|Conference Presentation||Participation as a SOLE PRESENTER for a specific SESSION at a conference||Up to $900|
|Conference Poster or Panel Presentation||POSTER PRESENTATION or PANEL DISCUSSION at a conference||Up to $400|
|Conference Attendance||Conference Attendance only with no out of district travel funds
(Full-Time Faculty NOT eligible)
|Up to $700|
|Specialized Training||Training for NEW skills which result in continuing education hours, certification or licensure for a specific individual||Up to $1,500|
Submit application to: Staff & Organizational Development, Susan Hoffman, RC 152, Box 35
- The application with all requirements must be submitted prior to the registration deadline or commencement of the activity.
- The Special Grant Committee will vote on the applications one week following the application deadline. *March meeting will be two weeks following the application deadline.
Funding will only be considered on the months the committee meets.
Application Deadline Committee Meeting Date
August 20, 2019 August 27, 2019
September 17, 2019 September 24, 2019
October 15, 2019 October 22, 2019
November 12, 2019 November 19, 2019
December 3, 2019 December 10, 2019
January 21, 2020 January 28, 2020
February 11, 2020 February 18, 2020
March 10, 2020* March 24, 2020
April 7, 2020 April 14, 2020
May 5, 2020 May 12, 2020
The committee reserves the right to interview applicants if deemed necessary.
- Grants will be awarded on activity merit and availability of funds.
- Reimbursement will not exceed the total amount approved.
- Limited to once per fiscal year.
- Part-time staff are not eligible.
- Special Grant Committee Members & FAQs
- Applicants must have an Individual Development Plan (IDP), or Portfolio that is less than 2 years old.
- Special Grant request must relate to goals as indicated on the IDP/Portfolio
- International travel requirements:
- All applications involving international travel must be submitted to the International Office for consideration first
- Documentation of funds approved by the International Committee must be attached to the special grant application
- All international requests must be signed by the President of the College
Funding Source: Staff and Organizational Development budget
Any questions about the Special Grant process and/or application should contact Susan Hoffman at email@example.com.