Available as alternate source of funds for professional and personal development of all JCCC employees (limit one per fiscal year) in areas of:
- Conference attendance (available only for adjunct faculty and part-time staff with no travel budget)
- Conference presentation (amount depends on type of presentation–see below)
- Specialized training
Application: Links to the types of applications are listed below. The forms are pdf files that can be filled out online and printed for signatures.
Please be sure to select the appropriate application form!
|Grant Type||Grant Description||FT Faculty||Adjunct||Staff|
|Participation as a SOLE PRESENTER for a specific SESSION at a conference|
|Conference Poster or Panel Presentation
|POSTER PRESENTATION or PANEL DISCUSSION at a conference|
|Conference Attendance only with no out of district travel funds||
|Training for NEW skills which result in continuing education hours, certification or licensure for a specific individual|
Submit to: Staff & Organizational Development, Susan Hoffman, RC 152, Box 35
- The application with all requirements must be submitted prior to the registration deadline or commencement of the activity.
- The Special Grant Committee will vote on the applications one week following the application deadline. *March meeting will be two weeks following the application deadline. Funding will only be considered on the months the committee meets.
- Application deadlines for the 2019-2020 fiscal year are:
- August 20, 2019
- September 17, 2019
- October 15, 2019
- November 12, 2019
- December 3, 2019
- January 21, 2020
- February 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020*
- April 7, 2020
- May 5, 2020
The committee reserves the right to interview applicants if deemed necessary.
Any questions about the Special Grant process and application should be directed to confer with a member of the Special Grants committee as they prepare their application
- Grants will be awarded on activity merit and availability of funds
- Reimbursement will not exceed the total amount approved
- Special Grant Committee Members & FAQs
- Applicants must have an Individual Development Plan (IDP), or Portfolio that is less than 2 years old.
- Special Grant request must relate to goals as indicated on the IDP/Portfolio
- International travel requirements:
- All applications involving international travel must be submitted to the International Office for consideration first
- Documentation of funds approved by the International Committee must be attached to the special grant application
- All international requests must be signed by the President of the College
Funding Source: Staff and Organizational Development budget
Additional Information: email@example.com or ext. 3213