We offer many methods to learn new technology skills and sharpen existing knowledge. Offerings include hands-on, instructor-led sessions targeted to specific subjects, online video tutorials accessible from anywhere with an internet connection, and sessions arranged specifically for your workgroup or team.
These training sessions include Banner, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, and applications developed by JCCC. In addition, we offer short, how-to video tutorials on commonly used software tools.
Hands-on training offered:
- Office 365
- Banner Fundamentals
- Managing Departmental Budget Data with EASI
- Managing Online REQs with Banner
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Publisher
- JCCC systems, including the IDP and My JCCC
- Concur Travel Requests and Expense Reports
Online, self-paced tutorials for over 1000 software programs from VTC. For an account, please email Rachel Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Handouts and videos over various training sessions are provided below by clicking on the training name.
- Office 365 Planner
- Managing Your Day with Outlook – Learn how to utilize your outlook calendar, schedule meetings, and manage shared calendars.
- Emptying Your Inbox – Learn about creating subfolders, moving messages, running rules, and searching your mailbox to help keep your inbox empty.
- Customizing Your JCCC Email – Learn how to create your signature, setup out of office emails, changing your inbox view, and updating your default fonts.
Hands-on, face-to-face training for Banner, JCCC’s information system, is conducted regularly for staff and faculty. For a list of upcoming classes, please enter the word ‘Banner‘ in the keyword box of the Staff Development class search.
For further information, please contact Rachel Haynes, Technical Training Coordinator, at 913-469-8500 ext. 3848, RC 152.