Beginning Monday May 17th 2021 all Canvas courses will have Ally Course Accessibility Reports available for faculty. These Accessibility Reports are part of the college’s ongoing effort to create accessible online environments for all students.
Overview for Faculty on using Ally
Canvas Ally works seamlessly with our Canvas LMS to gauge the accessibility of your content. Ally provides guidance and tips for lasting improvements to your content accessibility.
- Receive feedback on the accessibility of your content with page icons and course report
- Improve content accessibility with Ally’s step-by-step instructions
In addition to providing you with insight to your content accessibility, Ally automatically creates alternative versions of your files. This allows students to choose the type of file they want that best suits their needs. While you’re in the process of improving files, students still access alternative copies.
JCCC Faulty Support and Training
JCCC Student Support and Training
Ally Alternative Formats
- Accessibility Checklist
- Add Alternative Description for Image Files
- View All File Accessibility Issues
- Discover Alternative Formats
- Export a Word Doc as a Tagged PDF
- In-Browser Document Preview
- Add a Library Reference
- Remove Potentially Harmful Content
- Add Descriptions to PowerPoint Images
- Scanned PDFs: An Enemy to Accessibility
- Add Headers to your Data Tables in Word
- Add Headings to a Word Document