Johnson County Community College
Professor, Astronomy, and Physics 2002-Present
JCCC courses taught:
- Astronomy (face-to-face, hybrid, and online)
- Fundamentals of Astronomy (online)
- General Physics I
Georgia State University Perimeter College
Adjunct Instructor 20011-Present
Teach sections of online physics. Completed GPC’s Blackboard/Vista training prior to starting courses.
GSU courses taught:
- Introductory Physics I (online)
- Introductory Physics II (online)
Brevard Community College
Adjunct Instructor 2009-Present
Taught sections of online astronomy and physics.
BCC courses taught:
- Introduction to Astronomy (online)
- Introduction to principles of physics (online)
Pensacola State College
Adjunct Astronomy Instructor 2008-2009
Taught online astronomy sections to help fill in for instructor on sabbatical. Completed PJC’s Angel training prior to starting courses.
PSC courses taught:
- Descriptive Astronomy (online)
Metropolitan Community Colleges, Blue River
Adjunct Instructor 1996-2008
Taught sections of mathematics and science courses in face-to-face, hybrid and online settings. Completed Quality Matters training and formal Blackboard training.
- Physical Science (geology, astronomy, chemistry, and physics)
- General Astronomy (face-to-face, hybrid, online)
- Introductory Physics (non-algebra-based physics)
- General Physics I (algebra/trig-based mechanics, heat, waves)
- General Physics II (algebra/trig-based electricity, magnetism, optics)
- Engineering Physics I (Calculus-based mechanics, heat, and waves)
- Engineering Physics II (Calculus-based electricity, magnetism, optics)
- Computer Applications (Excel, Word, some AutoCAD)
- Basic Math
- Intermediate Algebra
Fort Osage High School
Science Teacher 1996-2008
Taught junior chemistry and senior physics, served as Science Olympiad coach.
- Applied Physics
- Advanced Physics (for college credit)
RELATED EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
Missouri Teaching Certificate
- Completed requirement for certification in unified science.
- Serve on various divisional and campus-wide committees and task forces as needed by JCCC
- Provide and participate in many public outreach astronomy activities
- Participated in grant running workshops giving 3rd and 4th-grade teachers equipment and lesson ideas to teach students various science topics
- Developed a new astronomy curriculum (with lab) for Blue River and have actively participated in revisions to existing curricula at JCCC.
- Participated in developing astronomy curriculum for KBOR Guarantee Transfer Agreement
- Participated in many learning management software pilot programs
- Extensive Angel, Blackboard, and BrightSpace LMS training
- Quality Matters training and certification
- Various yearly JCCC training, as required by the college
- Astronomical Society of the Pacific
- American Association of Physics Teachers