10971 / Computer Systems Coordinator
Hours per Week: 20
Wage/Salary: $14/hr with unique raises
Computer System Coordinator Description: This is a unique opportunity for a college student majoring in IT/Computer Science or a related field to gain valuable hands-on experience with a computer system in a clinical psychology practice. This position can give you experiences with networking, hardware configuration, Windows OS, and possibly website design and programming.
As the Computer System Coordinator (in training) you will have the opportunity to learn each of the functions that maintain the effective operation of the computer system. You will receive your training from our current Computer System Coordinator and be supervised by our Technical Director. You will benefit from their extensive knowledge of the functions of the computer system. You will also meet with Dr. Briggs regularly to discuss projects. After three months of training, you will become the new Computer System Coordinator. You will have the backup of your trainer and supervisor as you assume responsibility for your job functions.
1. Maintain 13 PC network and server computer system.
2. Maintain database backups of Office data and the VPN connection between the two office locations of the Practice.
3. Perform software and hardware maintenance.
4. Trouble shoot software and hardware problems for staff to perform their jobs and to maintain the effective operation of the computer system.
5. Create and maintain documentation of computer system procedures and manuals including diagrams of the computer system, network and backups.
6. Maintain and potentially develop specialized client billing and appointment scheduling software for the practice.
7. Manage audio video equipment for video conference, workshop and community presentations, and office HDTV video display of client treatment information.
8. Maintain and enhance Practice and related websites, blog sites, domain hosting, and domain name registration, and internet services like G-mail, OneNote, One Drive, Skype, and Zoom.
9. Maintain and enhance the computer system security procedures, passwords and data encryption protocols.
10. Maintain Microsoft Windows stand-alone computers and the computers in a Microsoft SBS domain.
The ideal computer system coordinator will have strong communications skills and be able to explain details of the computer system to staff members to help troubleshoot issues or explain how to use a part of system. A detailed knowledge of hardware, software, web development is a plus and the ideal candidate would be a sophomore or junior student in IT or Computer Science or a related field.
Pay: The position will start at $14 per hour. The pay increase scale is unique to this position. As you demonstrate skills and increased knowledge of the computer system, you will be awarded raise progressions. A motivated person can expect to make $16 per hour within the first few months.
Application Process: You are encouraged to apply for the position now. Please submit a resume to us at email@example.com. A cover letter, although not required, is highly recommended. After receipt of your resume, it will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be offered an application. Our most qualified candidates will receive pre-interview questions and be offered a combination of phone and in-person interviews. Any questions regarding the position can be directed to our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Location(City, State): Prairie Village, KS
Job Category: Computer
Position Type: Internship – Paid, Part-time
Applicant Type: JCCC Student, JCCC Alumni, Community