Hy-Vee, Inc. is a progressive company working on technologies associated with e-commerce, mobile development, supply chain, finance, data warehousing and business intelligence. We have a paid internship position available to assist in the development and support of computer applications using the Agile development methodology. The internship will be located at the West Des Moines corporate office.
- Collaborate with development team to receive technical guidance.
- Contribute to the design and development of business applications.
- Develop unit tests for existing applications.
- Develop reports using Microsoft Reporting Services.
- Support research projects with data retrieval and analysis using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Adhere to and influence coding standards.
- Report to work when scheduled and on time.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Knowledge of software development technologies
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with cross-functional teams comprised of members from all levels of the organization.
Selected candidates will work up to 40 hours per week, with the flexibility to discuss other options and hours.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
Qualifications include working toward, or recently acquired, a degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please apply on line at http://www.hy-vee.com. For more information you may contact Jason Mikesell at (515) 313-2701, or Galen McCullough at (515) 267-2942. The deadline for applying is Friday, January 12th at 12:00 noon. To be considered for this position you must submit a resume to ITCareers@hy-vee.com.