Adjunct Certification Training 2022-2023
Thank you for your interest in the Adjunct Certification Training (ACT)!
Prerequisite: Participants should complete iTeach before entering the ACT Program. To enroll in iTeach, please contact Ed Lovitt, Director of Educational Technology and Distance Learning.
Goal: To provide tools and resources that assist adjunct faculty in becoming more effective educators in the classroom. Upon completion, the adjunct instructor should be:
- Cognizant of the college’s mission
- Aware of policies and procedures of the academic branch
- Comfortable in the college’s learning community
- Equipped with more resources to enhance student learning in the classroom
Requirements: Participants complete the following requirements within a two-year period:
- All nine required modules
- Minimum of one elective module
- Updated Individual Development Plan or Professional Development Portfolio signed by your supervisor
- Reflective Journal upon completion of the program.
Stipend and recognition: Adjunct faculty who complete the ACT program will receive a one-time stipend in the amount of $800 and will be honored at the Lieberman Awards dinner during the spring semester.
- Those completing all requirements by November 15 will receive stipend payment in January.
- Those completing all requirements by March 15 will receive stipend payment in May.
Creating a Learner-Centered Syllabus Valerie Mann Wednesday 9/7/22 6pm - 9pm 30007 Saturday 4/8/23 9am -12pm 30008
Partnering with Student Services for Student Success MargE Shelly and Pam Vassar Thursday 8/24/22 6pm - 9pm 30009 Saturday 2/4/23 9am-12pm 30010
Online Learning Tools Paul McCourt Thursday 9/1/22 6pm - 9pm 30011 Cancelled Saturday 3/4/23 9am - 12pm 30012
Assessment and Curriculum: Understanding the Connections TBD
Microteaching and Classroom Video Recording Deana Miller Wednesday 9/21/22 6pm - 9pm 30013 Saturday 1/28/23 9am - 12pm 30014
Pedagogy and Classroom Leadership Suneetha Menon Monday 10/10/22 6pm - 9pm 30015 Saturday 4/1/23 9am - 12pm 30016
Active Learning Megan Doyle Wednesday 9/28/22 6pm - 9pm 30017 Saturday 2/25/23 9am - 12pm 30018
Intercultural Communications Cathy Schrag Wednesday 10/19/22 6pm - 9pm 30019 Saturday 3/25/23 9am - 12pm 30020
Engage Your Students with Technology Lisa Parrott Wednesday 10/26/22 6pm – 9pm 30027 Saturday 4/22/23 9am – 12pm 30028
High Impact Practices Melissa Nolan Wednesday 10/5/22 6pm - 8pm 30021 Saturday 4/15/23 9am – 11am 30022
Flipping the Classroom Heather Seitz Thursday 11/10/22 6pm - 8pm 30023 Saturday 2/18/23 9am – 11am 30024
Strengths-Based Classroom Rebecca Kastendick Wednesday 9/14/22 6pm - 8pm 30025 Saturday 2/11/23 9am – 11am 30026