browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Humanities Kansas talk: Concordia, KS

Posted by on June 19, 2019

On Monday, 3 June 2019, I traveled to the Frank Carlson Library in Concordia, KS, to deliver my Humanities Kansas talk, “In Their Own Words: The Ancient Egyptians.” You can find more information about this presentation here: https://www.humanitieskansas.org/get-involved/request-speaker/stacy-davidson-in-their-own-words-the-ancient-egyptians

The staff of the Frank Carlson Library exemplified hospitality and had advertised my talk in local print, television, and radio ads. For the first time, my name was up in lights on Broadway…Street.

The audience was engaging and understanding as the beginning of my presentation was plagued with audio-visual issues. After it was over, I spent some time conversing with people of all walks of life from the 4-year-old who wants to be an Egyptologist-Football Player when he grows up to the retired professional who had been on archaeological digs around the world.

All in all, the mission of Humanities Kansas was clear: bringing cultural/historical presentations to under-served areas and building bridges between communities. Until the next one!