Goodwill – Volunteer Opportunity

Calling all professionals! Goodwill is looking for mock interviewers on February 16th.

While Goodwill is mostly known for their thrift stores, they also do a lot in the community to empower people with disadvantages and different abilities to earn and keep employment. One thing they do is offer mock interviews for job seekers! I conducted a mock interview for Goodwill last semester and had a really positive experience. The person I interviewed was well prepared, professional, and receptive to my critiques and advice. Even though I might not be an interview expert, just having someone to ask the job seeker questions and give them an opportunity to practice their answers is so helpful. Working directly with the job seeker made a big impact on me too, I felt like I had a direct hand in helping them with their next interview. Not to mention the event was well organized and it only took up an hour of my time. I definitely recommend this experience for anyone interested!

They are looking for volunteers for one hour time slots from 10-11am, 11:15am-12:15pm, and/or 1:15-2:15pm. Click here to sign-up!

Happy Volunteering!