Purpose & Career
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT is a key focus of our engagement initiative. These activities have been organized to allow employees opportunities.
1. Participate in Professional Development Days sessions or a KCPDC Development Workshop.
2. Take a Gallup StrengthsFinder Assessment and participate in an Introduction to Strengths Session or an Everything DiSC session sponsored by Staff Development.
3. Attend and participate in a Gallup CliftonStrengths Themed Thursday video series. Go to http://blogs.jccc.edu/staffdev/strengths for a list of theme topics.
4. Work with a Professional Development Coach on your Individual Development Plan (IDP).
5. We offer many methods to learn new technology skills and sharpen existing knowledge. Offerings include hands-on, instructor-led sessions targeted to specific subjects, online video tutorials accessible from anywhere with an internet connection, and sessions arranged specifically for your workgroup or team. Check http://blogs.jccc.edu/staffdev/technical-training/
6. Join a New Directions Employee Assistance Program (EAP) WEBINAR EACH MONTH on various topics. Webinars are offered on the third or fourth Wednesday of each month at noon and 3 p.m.
Spring 2020 WEBINARS
11 a.m. – noon or 2 – 3 p.m.
Managing Crisis & Safety in the Workplace Wed., Jan. 15
Enhancing Your Personal Safety Wed., Jan. 22
Supporting Your Employee’s Well-Being Wed., Feb. 12
Cultivating Happiness Within Yourself Wed., Feb. 19
Maintaining Professional Boundaries with Your Employees Wed., Mar. 18
Taking the High Road: Kindness & Civility Wed., Mar. 25
Managing the Emotionally Reactive Employee Wed., Apr. 15
Strategies to Manage Frustration and Anger Wed., April 22
Fostering Good Mental Health in Leaders Wed., May 13