The Professional Development Days schedule for Fall 2016 is ready for you on Guidebook!
Get the smartphone guide for up-to-date PDD information, including:
- Speaker bios
- Presentation links and handouts
We’ll update the Guidebook for Android and iOS daily with any schedule changes or additions.
Don’t like to follow steps? Follow this link to get the PDD guide for your smartphone: https://guidebook.com/g/fall16pdd and follow the steps there, or read on for step-by-step instructions.
To use Guidebook on your smartphone:
- Go to https://guidebook.com/g/fall16pdd
- Enter your phone number, (xxx) xxx-xxxx, in the white box, then click Text Me the Link.
- Click the link in the text message.
- Install the app via the App Store or Google Play, if necessary
- If Guidebook is installed, click the link to open the PDD Guide.
- If prompted, enter fallpdd to open our guide.
- Tap the 3-line menu at the top left to navigate.
Concerned about using space on your phone for the guide? Guidebook uses less space than Pokemon Go, or Twitter, or Pandora, or Words with Friends, or txt, or photos.
Questions? Need help? Email Keith Krieger, firstname.lastname@example.org, or txt to 816.225.0208
Android and iOS Guidebook users:
- Build your personalized schedule (yes, you can double-book sessions)
- Receive reminders of sessions on your phone
- Rate the sessions (1-5 stars) in the app
- View PDFs and URLs of speaker and session content
- Get up-to-the-minute schedule information
To use Guidebook on your laptop or desktop computer:
- Go to https://guidebook.com/g/fall16pdd
- Scroll down the page.
- Click Web.
- Enter fallpdd to view the guide.
Users of Guidebook on computer:
- Schedule view (personalized schedules available when you create a Guidebook account)
- Get reminders with a Guidebook account
- Access PDFs and URLs of speaker material
- Get up-to-the-minute schedule information
Questions about the guide? Email Keith Krieger at email@example.com
- Elaine Sinn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keith Krieger, email@example.com
- Tom Grady, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debbie Eisenhower, email@example.com
If you have the Guidebook app installed on your phone from earlier PDDs:
- In the app, tap Enter Passphrase.
- Type fallpdd to download and install the Fall Schedule.
- This might be needed more than once to trigger the download.
If you want to update your Guidebook password or account information, use the app:
- Tap your person icon/profile picture.
- Tap the gear on the profile page.
- Swipe to the bottom of the account settings page to change the password.
If you are seeing PDD schedules in Guidebook for past terms, and want to remove them:
- Press and hold the icon/thumbnail.
- You’ll be prompted to unsync that Guidebook. Unsyncing will remove that specific Guide.
- Rate a session by tapping the session name, then tap the appropriate number of stars.
- Rate a speaker by tapping the session name, then tapping the speaker’s name, then tapping the star rating.
We’ve linked to a version of the PDD schedule in Excel below. Please note that this version is current as of 8/11/2016. Please note this schedule will only be updated weekly. For the most current version of the schedule, please use the Guidebook app for iOS or Android, or on the web. Use fallpdd to download the app or view on the web.
When you click the link, you’ll be prompted to save or open the file. We suggest saving the file to the desktop, and then open the Excel file from the desktop.
Please get this information out to any interested students, faculty or staff. Juliana Urquhart, dietary manager student, will lead sessions of Project Strengths: Healthy Lifestyles on a Budget. Volunteers are needed to enroll in the eight-week course.
For once a week for two hours, volunteers learn important nutrition basics, food safety and how to prepare a meal in a friendly and relaxed setting – for free!
Participants will receive:
- Vital nutrition and health information
- Helpful hints and money-saving tips to use at the grocery store
- Hands-on cooking instruction
- A bag of groceries every week provided by Harvesters
Turn everyday food items into healthy, exciting meals. Class size is limited, so sign up today.
Location: HCA 145
Class Days: Feb. 12. 19, 26, March 4, 11, 25, April 1, 8, 5
Time: 1 to 3 p.m.
Questions: Contact Anna Page 913-469-8500, ext. 3346 or firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP by February 8 to Carol Sparks email@example.com 913-469-8500, ext. 3626
Faculty Academic Symposium
January 12, 2016
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Regnier Center 101
Description: The symposium is an opportunity for faculty to share the scholarly work in which they are engaged with their JCCC colleagues. These high-quality academic endeavors typify the learning college, and they reflect the exemplary participation in the scholarship of teaching and learning that is occurring at our institution. The work our faculty will share with their colleagues could demonstrate the connections students make with the curriculum, could engage students in research or civic engagement and, perhaps, could help students to think critically about how their academic experiences prepare them to successfully demonstrate global competencies. As a whole, this symposium demonstrates the many ways our faculty promote scholarship. Click the link below to view the schedule of the presentations with descriptions:
The Faculty Academic Symposium is supported by JCCC’s Center for Teaching and Learning, Faculty Association, Faculty Senate, and Educational Affairs Committee
We’ve linked to a version of the PDD schedule in Excel below. Please note that this version is current as of 3:00 p.m. on 1/6/2015.
- For a current version of the schedule, please install the Guidebook app on iPhone, iPad, or Android, available through the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Once installed, tap the button labeled Use Passphrase.
- Use the passphrase jcccpdd to download the January 2016 schedule.
The app includes speaker photos, session descriptions, tweeting from in-app, and links to presentation materials.
If you prefer to use the web version of Guidebook, please point your browser to:
When prompted, use redemption code jcccpdd.
PDD Spring 2016 Printable Excel file, current as of 1/6/2016.
Questions about Guidebook? Please email Keith Krieger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Robin, Chief Wellness Officer at Your Wellness Connection, Shawnee, KS was the August 2014 All Staff Meeting Keynote Speaker! She returns to campus for January 2016 Professional Development Days!
• Small Changes, Big Shifts with Dr. Michelle Robin
• Description: You completed the Wellness on a Shoestring series and now what?!? Dr. Robin will revisit what you learned and share even more insight to encourage your 2016 wellness journey. Those not familiar with Dr. Robin’s series are also welcome to attend.
• Tuesday, January 12, 2016
• 9 to 9:50 a.m.
• CC 232
Link to JCCC’s Employee Assistance Program offered through ComPsych Guidance Resources– a benefit available to all employees. JCCC’s Web ID is JCCCEAP. Online resources available 24/7 by clicking on the above link. To create your personal User Name and Password, click on Employee/ Member Access tab located on the right hand side of the site. By phone: 1-866-553-1848 TDD: 1-800-697-0353.
This confidential service provided all employees offers: Confidential Counseling, Financial Information and Resources, Legal Support and Resources, Work-Life Solutions and GuidanceResources Online portal.
As part of the JCCC Wellness program, we are doing Biometric Screenings again this year during PDD in August. I know many of you participated in wellness activities and workshops this past year. This is a great way to see how your results compare to last year.
Biometric screening offered for all JCCC employees August 13 and August 14 during Professional Development Days Make your appointment today.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Blue KC) will do biometric screenings from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, August 13 in CC 232 and from 7 a.m. to noon on Friday, August 14th, in RC 270.
Participants completing the screening will be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift card each day.
If you would like to see an example of the screening process, please follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LmjaOIb2yn0
To take part:
- If you have medical plan coverage with JCCC, including “A Healthier You” coverage: ( Look for your email from Human Resources for more details)
Log on to your account at http://BlueKC.com/ and access the “A Healthier You” portal. From there you can register for the time of your choosing on either day (instructions attached). You’ll receive a confirmation email immediately after registering.
NOTE: For all JCCC full-time employees your group # is 14092000 and suffix number is 00. You will need your Prefix and Member number to enroll. If you do not know your member numbers, please contact your JCCC Human Resource benefit specialist (listing below) or Wellness Coordinator Ruth Dey at email@example.com.
- Registration will close at noon the business day before the appointment date. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, you may use the registration link until that time.
- As a member of the JCCC medical plan, this screening will be free to you when you present your medical identification card. Note: Blue Cross Blue Shield no longer offers a “My Rewards” incentive as a result of your participation.
- If you do not have medical plan coverage with JCCC:
- Bring your JCCC ID card and walk in for screening on either of the days listed, and the staff will work with you.
- WALK-INS: There may be appointments set up ahead of you. You may be asked to set up an appointment for later or wait until they can fit you in.
The screening includes:
- Height, weight, Body Mass Index
- Waist circumference
- Blood pressure, total cholesterol
- HDL ratio, glucose
Fasting recommended for best results, but is optional. If you choose to fast, you should fast for a minimum of 8 hours. Coffee (even black) may affect the results. Readings for those who fast will include:
Readings for those who do not fast will include:
Please drink plenty of water. The screening is done by finger stick, with immediate results. A health educator will review your results with you.
The Professional Development Days Schedule has gone mobile!
We encourage you to download the mobile guide to make the most of Professional Development Days. You’ll be able to plan the week of PDD with a personalized schedule.
The app is compatible with iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches and Android devices. Windows Phone 7 and Blackberry users can access the same information via our mobile site.
To get the guide, choose one of these:
- Download Guidebook from the Apple App Store or the Android Marketplace
- Or, visit http://guidebook.com/g/PDD from your phone’s browser
- Scan this QR code with your mobile phone (QR-Code reader required, like Red Laser or Barcode Scanner)
Once you’ve downloaded the app, download the PDD Guidebook:
- From the Guidebook application, tap Download Guides
- then Redeem Code.
- Enter the code z4cyxhkg and the guide will download to your device.
You can also view the guide on a desktop computer at: http://guidebook.com/guide/40535
You’ll find the mobile app to have more functions such as star ratings, personalized scheduling, and easy photo uploads. Please note that the desktop version of the guide works best in Firefox and Chrome.
–Organizational and Staff Development Professional Development Days Team