The schedule for Fall 2018 Professional Development Days is now available! Sessions are organized around different topic tracks, which can be sorted on the calendar: Teaching & Learning, Student Success, Employee Success, Technology Training, Wellness, and Campus & Safety.
Staff Development is accepting proposals for August 2018 Professional Development Days (PDD) presentations. PDD sessions are 50-minutes and will be scheduled Aug. 13 through 17. PDD sessions will focus on five tracks: teaching and learning, employee success, student success, campus and safety updates, and technology. Use the PPD online form to complete your proposal. All proposals must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, June 29, to be considered. Contact Farrell Hoy Jenab, ext. 4756, if you have questions.
Congratulations to the March and April award winners for Lieberman Award, the Bob Frizzell Award, Publications Award, Spotlight Award, BNSF Award, and our ten ACT Completers.
- *Azin Agah, faculty, Chemistry
- Tony Brogna, Economics
- Jennifer Boutte, Science Resource Center
- Les Clark, Economics
- Stephen Dickey, Mathematics
- Rachel DiCamillo, Humanities
- Bond Faulwell, Political Science
- George Ferguson, Business Administration
- Ann Fielder, Reading
- Ellen Fisher, Accounting
- Hanan Fouad, Electronics Technology
- Martha Haehl, Mathematics
- *Robert Henn, Accounting
- Staci Hubbard, Speech
- Craig Jaggard, Mathematics
- Beth Ann Johnstone, Business Office Technology
- *Colby Keslar, Mathematics
- Sharon Lundeen, Business Administration
- Joseph Magnant, Entrepreneurship
- Bernard Norcott-Mahany, Humanities
- Marcela Renna, Interpreting for Professionals
- Larry Ryan, Horticulture
- *Tatiana Scanlan, English
- Mary Ella Steck, Interpreting for Professionals
- *Aubrey Urban, Theater
- *Meagan Weldele, Chemistry
- Diane Cropp, Accounting
- Sue Davis, Reading
- Renae DeBruin, Human Sciences
- Megan Doyle, College Success
- Stephanie Ferrero, Environmental Sciences
- Denise Filley, Psychology
- Sasha Gluhovsky, Accounting
- Madison Huber-Smith, Anthropology
- Brooke Johnson, Accounting
- Joe Stellwagon, Emergency Medical Science
Bob Frizzell Award
- MargE Shelley, Admissions
- Lydia Cline, Computer Drafting & Design
- William McFarlane, Anthropology
- Sayanti Ganguly Puckett, English
- Heather Seitz, Biology
- Allison Smith, Humanities
- Jason Arnett, Dining Services
- Megan Casey, Bursar Operations
- Zach Gredlics, Health & Human Services
- Kristy Howell, Sustainability Initiatives
- Jeff Hoyer, Continuing Education Operations
- Paul McCourt, Educational Tech/Distance Learning
- Erica Miller, Professional Education
- Michael Rea, Executive Sustainability
- Debbie Rulo, Continuing Education
- Brad Staupp, Academic Technology Services
BNSF Railway Award
- Brett Cooper, Math Resource Center
- *Tai Edwards, History
- Monica Hogan, English
- Jack Ireland, Automotive Technology
- *Angela King, Accounting
- Patrick Lafferty, Web Applications
- *Jennifer Menon Parker, Human Sciences
- *William Robinson, Mathematics
- *Lori Slavin, Chemistry
- Myra Young, Speech
*Recipients of Lieberman & BNSF Railway Awards
This highly selective special recognition program is designed to honor former JCCC employees from throughout the college community for significant lasting contributions to the college or for bringing honor to JCCC through regional or national recognition.
Selection of honorees will be chosen by a campus committee consisting of 1 faculty member named by the Faculty Association, 1 faculty member named by the Faculty Senate, 2 administrators named by Cabinet, an hourly employee named by Cabinet, and a member of the JCCC Retirees Association.
The selection committee will meet in April. (Committee members should receive copies of the nominations in advance of a meeting to allow time for review.) At the meeting, each nominee’s letters of support and history of accomplishments will be reviewed and discussed. The committee by consensus will recommend to Cabinet no more than two individuals to receive the Retired Employee Honor Recognition Award no later than May 1. Cabinet will approve the final selection. The recipient(s) will be notified by a letter from the president.
For more information, see the Wall of Honor Nomination packet.
Join your fellow JCCC staff members in events ranging from pickleball to darts and everything in between. Fill out your Corporate Challenge waiver by March 28 at http://www.kccorporatechallenge.com/ and use our company password: JCCC2018 (must be all caps). From there, you’ll be able to select your desired events. Even if you don’t know what event you’d like to participate in yet, fill out that waiver and create your account by the deadline, and then you can take your time to decide what you want to do!
We’re also looking for event coordinators for our various modalities, so if you are interested in that, email email@example.com with the event you’d like to coordinate. Want to keep up to date with our latest news? Join JCCC’s Corporate Challenge O365 Group!