Special Grant funding is available as an alternate source of funds for professional and personal development for JCCC full- and part-time faculty and full-time staff.
|Conference Presentation||Participation as a SOLE PRESENTER for a specific SESSION at a conference||Up to $900|
|Conference Poster or Panel Presentation||POSTER PRESENTATION or PANEL DISCUSSION at a conference||Up to $400|
|Conference Attendance||Conference Attendance only with no out of district travel funds
(Full-Time Faculty NOT eligible)
|Up to $700|
|Specialized Training||Training for NEW skills which result in continuing education hours, certification or licensure for a specific individual||Up to $1,500|
2022 Special Grant Application Form
Submit application to: Staff Development within HR, Amy Keating, GEB 274, Box 46 or email email@example.com
- The application with all requirements must be submitted and approved by the committee prior to the registration deadline or commencement of the activity.
- Applicants must submit a travel request through Concur prior to travel.
- The Special Grant Committee will vote on the applications one week following the application deadline.
|Committee Meeting Date|
|February 14, 2023||
February 21, 2023
|March 14, 2023||
March 21, 2023
|April 11, 2023||
April 18, 2023
|May 2, 2023||
May 9, 2023
The committee reserves the right to interview applicants if deemed necessary.
- Grants will be awarded on activity merit and availability of funds.
- Reimbursement will not exceed the total amount approved.
- Limited to once per fiscal year.
- Part-time staff are not eligible.
- Special Grant Committee Members & FAQs
Obligations & Important Considerations:
- Applicants must have an Individual Development Plan (IDP), or Portfolio that is less than 2 years old.
- Special Grant request must relate to goals as indicated on the IDP/Portfolio.
- Application & supporting paperwork must be submitted by employee to Amy Keating before conference.
- College policy states employees will not be reimbursed for conference/travel that has already taken place.
- Employees may apply for a Travel Card to pay for conference/travel.
- A Special Grant submission does not count as a travel request. Employees must submit a travel request through Concur prior to event date. For more information on how to submit a travel request, visit the Travel Information & Procedures page and the Travel & Expense Reminders page.
- Airbnb and Vrbo are not covered by special grant funds.
- International travel requirements:
- All applications involving international travel must be submitted to the International Office for consideration first
- Documentation of funds approved by the International Committee must be attached to the special grant application
- All international requests must be signed by the President of the College
Funding Source: Staff and Organizational Development budget
Any questions about the Special Grant process and/or application should contact Amy Keating at firstname.lastname@example.org