All Canvas courses have Ally Course Accessibility Reports available for faculty. These Accessibility Reports are part of the college’s ongoing effort to create accessible online environments for all students.
Overview for Faculty on using Ally
Canvas Ally works seamlessly with our Canvas LMS to gauge the accessibility of your content. Ally provides guidance and tips for lasting improvements to your content accessibility.
- Receive feedback on the accessibility of your content with page icons and course report
- Improve content accessibility with Ally’s step-by-step instructions
In addition to providing you with insight to your content accessibility, Ally automatically creates alternative versions of your files. When files are accessible, students will have access to alternative formats of the content through Canvas.
JCCC Faulty Support and Training
JCCC Student Support and Training
Ally Alternative Formats
- Accessibility Checklist
- Add Alternative Description for Image Files
- View All File Accessibility Issues
- Discover Alternative Formats
- Export a Word Doc as a Tagged PDF
- In-Browser Document Preview
- Add a Library Reference
- Remove Potentially Harmful Content
- Add Descriptions to PowerPoint Images
- Scanned PDFs: An Enemy to Accessibility
- Add Headers to your Data Tables in Word
- Add Headings to a Word Document