Throughout your internship with American Century Investments, you’ll work alongside 180 IT professionals applying technology to solve challenging business scenarios. You will become a member of an infrastructure team such as Database Administration, Technical Services, Desktop Support, or Network Services. You will be provided a dedicated mentor, and work with a manager who cares about you and your career goals. Over your summer(s) you will receive informal and formal feedback that will help advance your technology and business skills. Our goal is to help you develop into a very competitive candidate for a career at American Century Investments!
Our Database Team aligns with all facets of our application development teams and other departments in the business. We use a combination of purchased software (both cloud and hosted on premise) and internally developed applications to support Investment Management, Sales, Client Servicing, and Corporate Functions.
About Our Company:
American Century Investments (ACI), a leading privately held investment management firm based at the Kansas City Country Club Plaza, is committed to delivering superior investment performance and building long-term client relationships since 1958. We manage over $140 billion in assets serving investment professionals, institutions, corporations, and individual investors. ACI offers a variety of actively managed investment disciplines through an array of products including mutual funds, institutional separate accounts, commingled trusts, and sub-advisory accounts. A global company, ACI’s 1,200 associates serve clients from offices in New York; London; Hong Kong; Mountain View, CA, and Kansas City, MO. More than 40 percent of ACI’s profits support research to help find cures for genetically-based diseases including cancer, diabetes, and dementia. For more information, visit www.americancentury.com.
- Effective analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills; attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team; highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Uncompromising ethical standards and professionalism
- Currently a sophomore to graduate student working towards a degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent
- At least one class completed in Java, .NET, data management
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis
- Exposure to experienced mentors; long-term employment potential post-graduation
- Opportunities for community involvement
- Corporate fitness center
- 401k eligible for intern contribution
- Business casual dress
- Housing assistance
To Apply: https://americancentury.silkroad.com
Tracking Code: 173613-102
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Duration: June 6 – August 5, 2016
Salary: $23 / hour