Job Title: IT Security Specialist, SIEM
Department: Information Technology
Last revision date: 07/2016
Responsible for the daily monitoring and maintenance of the enterprise-wide SIEM. The person in this role will work primarily with other information technology team members and be responsible for SIEM tuning, alerts, and events.
Accountable and Reports to: Director, IT Security
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Review logs and security events to correlate potential IT security or system and network health events.
- Interpret, investigate, report on, and escalate potential incidents when necessary.
- Monitor health and performance of the SIEM system and log endpoints.
- Create and maintain various escalation rules and troubleshooting manuals.
- Assist in the implementation of enhancements to improve data, network, process, and system security.
- Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of hours.
Education and Experience
High School or equivalent experience. A background in computers, networking, or computer related security is preferred.
Skills and Qualifications
- Over one year of similar or related work experience.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Must be able to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple time sensitive projects at one time.
- Must have the ability to compose original written correspondence; communicate verbally, and possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
Familiarity with the capabilities and use cases for routers; firewalls; switches; VPN; intrusion detection/prevention; file integrity monitoring; encryption; vulnerability scanning; and other information security related tools and countermeasures. Experience with PCI, HIPAA, and other industry audit and configuration standards is a plus.
- Must be physically able to perform light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and up to 20 feet with or without correction and color vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Stooping, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting, reaching, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in an office environment. There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and to handle multiple projects in a day.
Has daily contact with Information Technology personnel and other departments; and weekly contact with suppliers and vendors.
Has access to confidential information including payroll, inventory data, and pricing
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please apply on line at https://www.hy-vee.com/careers/.
The deadline for applying is Friday, July 29 at 12:00 noon. Please submit your resume/cover letter/questions to ITCareers@hy-vee.com.
Attn: IT Careers
5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266