Please note that our internships run for a limited term. This is a project internship and will last for the duration of the project described below. You must live within commuting distance to our Overland Park office. The hours will be between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Number of hours can vary depending on a student’s schedule and could be full time when classes are not in session, depending on work/schedule requirements. You must be enrolled in a degree program to be eligible for an internship.
First State Bank & Trust Co., which has locations in Overland Park, Larned, Pratt, and Luka, Kansas, attributes its longevity to dedicated people and a commitment to quality. The Bank is rated as a 5-Star Bank (the highest ranking) by Bauer Financial, and is listed among The Strongest Banks in the U.S. by Weiss Ratings. Our history dates to June 30, 1896, when we opened our doors for business in Larned, Kansas.
Project Intern: SQL and Oracle Database Analyst
We are seeking a talented and motivated Intern to work on a project to help the organization move forward with two of our critical loan processing applications. We are looking for an individual with the right blend of skills, education, experience, and attitude to fill this position.
The successful candidate will have understanding and experience working with SQL and Oracle. This individual will also demonstrate the ability to succeed with minimal supervision and has the ability to interact with vendors and technical experts to provide solutions. This position will interact with other team members though out the organization.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the SQL/Oracle data structures of our critical loan processing applications
- Documentation of the SQL/Oracle data structure(s) of our critical loan processing applications
- Design, develop, and test queries for potential export / import functionality
- Working with our vendor to implement the vendor’s import interface tool
- Create and execute test cases of interfaces
- Research and solve data issues
- Provide recommendations for automation of data process flows
- Pursuing degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Programming experience in SQL and Oracle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and detail oriented
- Possess a positive attitude and is a self-starter
- Good problem solver, ability to identify key issues and barriers to success and to proactively resolve them
- Ability to document technical processes
- This Project Internship pays $15/hour
Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply by May 31. Resumes may be submitted by email to Randy Wooten at Randy@fusion.bank.