Organic Media Intern – Summer 2020
|Department:||Search Engine Optimization|
|Location:||Overland Park, KS|
Start You Application:
Go Local Interactive is a dynamic and fun digital marketing agency that is proud to be considered one of the fastest-growing agencies in the Kansas City area. We are an awesome group of digital marketing professionals who are paving the way for our clients to find success in the world of SEO and PPC local search.
Internship Duration: Monday, June 1, 2020 – Friday, August 7, 2020
Schedule: Up to 30 hours-per-week, Monday-Friday
As an Organic Media Intern, you will support the product teams within the Organic Media Department in the implementation and optimization of our clients’ local search marketing programs. You will learn about and help administer diverse digital projects for clients in a wide variety of industries and geographies. Areas of focus include:
- Content Marketing
- Local Listings Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Assist Coordinators, Specialists, and Manager as needed by providing data, reports, deliverables etc.
- Actively learn the in-depth details of Local Search Marketing – specifically monitoring, auditing, and reporting on product and client performance and uncovering opportunities for optimizations
- Write copy for miscellaneous projects, including, but not limited to: static and location pages, blogs, and social media posts
- Edit, rewrite, and proofread existing content created for Go Local Interactive and its clientele
- Create basic on-page SEO solutions with insights from the internal team
- Optimize local listings with client information for market visibility
- Formulate metrics and create custom reporting to measure company and client success
- Communicate information clearly and consistently to the appropriate internal product teams
- Conduct ongoing professional research and education, staying up-to-date on industry trends
- Demonstrates strong conceptual and written communication skills with a deep understanding of the English language (spelling, grammar, and vocabulary)
- A proven track record of improving personal performance after receiving direction and constructive criticism
- Demonstrates attention to detail while creating and revising projects
- Effectively communicates both technical and non-technical information
- Creative and strategic thinking when solving problems
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree (in progress) in English, Journalism, Mass Communications or another related field or 2+ years of equivalent experience
- Google Analytics Certification preferred
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization and keyword research
Go Local Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Need Assistance? If you require assistance or reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request by email to email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and should not be used to inquire about the status of applications.