Job Position / Description – Desktop Support
POSITION REPORTS TO – Information Systems Director
VISION – To be the best place to live, work, and grow.
MISSION – To strengthen the lives of older adults within a faith-based community.
Integrity We do what we say.
Growth We cultivate potential.
Optimism We focus on strengths.
Respect We honor the person.
Community We are responsible to each other.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of the Desktop Support position is to provide the residents and employees of Lakeview Village assistance when having technical issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoots hardware/software problems and system failures.
- Performs initial setup, software installation, testing, and security hardening of computer systems.
- Maintains software, including testing, evaluation and installation. Performs software patching and keeps systems in compliance with applicable standards. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure and add new services as necessary.
- Identifies trends and source of problems, researches and initiates corrective action.
- Works with hardware and software vendors to diagnose and correct problems.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures.
- Provides guidance and technical support to PC users either in person or by phone.
- Perform office workstation moves including printers and phones.
- Prepares documentation of systems and software for permanent records.
- Available to work after hours, weekends and on call, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND PHYSICAL DEMAND
- Strong technical knowledge of computers, networks, printers and wiring
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment
- Ability to follow through with multiple projects, with minimal supervision
- Strong communications skills, ability to assist customers in person and on the phone
- 1 year relevant professional experience OR equivalent combination of technical education and/or work experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of PC hardware and software installation, repair, testing and troubleshooting
- Prefer experience in complying with HIPAA and other regulations.
- Prefer experience providing IS support in a health care environment.
- Microsoft Certification Preferred.
I have read and understand the above Job Position / Description and can perform the duties listed in this description.
Employee Signature Date
Employee Name (Please Print)
To Apply: www.lakeviewvillage.org