JOB TITLE: Information Technology Intern
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
STATUS: Non-Exempt / Part-Time
SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Technology has primary responsibility to field requests for assistance from other associates related to all areas of technology in use at NCM, and maintain accurate records of work performed. These areas include but are not limited to desktop support and the related software applications, mobile phone and mobile office technology, as well as to troubleshoot networking issues. This position will also maintain inventories of hardware, software and other company assets. This position will assist the Network Manager in research, maintenance, and administration of the company’s network infrastructure including workstations, software, servers, and network devices
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Resolve computer related issues for end users in a timely and efficient manner. These issues can be hardware, software, as well as training related tasks.
• Maintain accurate inventories of all hardware and software.
• Configure and install new user equipment including workstations, software and mobile devices.
• Assist other departments when needed for tasks that are not of a traditional IT nature.
• Works at the direction of Network Manager
The following education, experience, competencies and behavioral skills are needed to perform this job successfully:
• Currently pursuing a CIS, MIS, IT or related undergraduate degree.
• Able to work a maximum of 25 hours per week during normal business hours. Work hours can be scheduled around classes.
• Troubleshooting experience with Microsoft Windows
• Experience supporting Microsoft Office applications
• Experience supporting mobile devices, primarily iPhone.
• Strong analytical and logical thinking ability.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see and use hands to handle objects.
• Must be able to answer phone and listen and speak with clients and co-workers.
• Must be able to concentrate/focus with constant interruptions.
• General office environment with standard office equipment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law and unless undue hardship would result. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.