University of Kansas
|Posting Title||Advising Systems Analyst|
|Department||Student Information Systems|
|No. of Positions||1|
|Employee Class||U-Unclassified Professional Staff|
|Work Schedule||M-F, 8-5|
|Position Overview||Student Information Systems reports to the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management which includes the following functional units: Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Financial Aid and Scholarships, Student Information Systems and the Office of the University Registrar.
Student Information Systems (SIS) is responsible for the functional set-up, maintenance and testing of enterprise-wide student systems at the University of Kansas. SIS works with end-users to analyze business practices to determine the best way to meet unit, enrollment management and University goals through efficient, optimal return on investment.
This position is responsible for managing the evaluation, set-up, implementation of aspects of the Advising Tool at the University of Kansas as well as the ongoing management of course lists and requirements within the Campus Solutions Degree Audit system. This position maintains close working relationships with relevant staff and faculty in each of the assigned Schools, College and/or Graduate Studies.
|Job Description||25% System Maintenance
25% Production Oversight
20% Project Management and Testing
15% User Support/Training
10% Leadership and Supervision
5% Other Duties as Assigned
|Required Qualifications||1. Bachelor’s Degree or 1 years related experience or high school diploma and 3 years of related experience
2. Three years’ of experience with University Enterprise system.
3. Two years’ experience with advising, specifically in using degree audit forms and ad hoc reporting.
4. Strong written communication skills as demonstrated in the application materials.
5. Two years’ of experience with Excel, Access, or other database and spreadsheet software.
|Preferred Qualifications||1. Master’s Degree
2. Proven ability to successfully work with diverse users who exhibit competing needs or requirements.
3. Understanding of the interrelationships of the Campus Solutions modules used by KU.
4. Understanding of set theory.
5. Experience with SAS or reporting tools with the ability to create SAS or PeopleSoft queries.
6. Ability to work independently.
7. Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies.
8. Project Management experience.
|Additional Candidate Instruction
|In addition to the online application, the following documents must be received to be considered for this position:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The application deadline has been extended. To be considered for this position applications must be received no later than October 26, 2016.
|Contact Information to Applicants||Mark Pickerel email@example.com 785-864-5440|
|Advertised Salary Range||$41,299|
|Application Review Begins||27-Oct-2016|
|Disclaimer||The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University’s programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.|