Local Workforce Investment Area III, Inc.
Position: COMMUNICATION AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt (willing to consider part-time)
Apply on KansasWorks – the job number is #11096026.
Or can send application materials to email@example.com.
Application review will begin the week of December 9.
NOTE: Application requires both cover letter and resume.
Provide communication and outreach, event support and general administrative services to the Local Board Staff, working closely with the Business Services Team to coordinate organizational communications, public relations and promotional efforts. Duties include the following:
WEBSITE MAINTENANCE AND CONTENT CREATION
- Maintain website including updating events, calendars, labor market information, board and staff rosters, meeting dates, etc.
- Generate new content for website and upload new photos and videos.
- Improve the usability, accessibility, aesthetics and content in compliance with brand standards.
- Coordinate with Chief Technology Officer to resolve any technical website issues.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
- Establish, maintain and monitor all social media pages including updating events and calendar items.
- Generate new content for social media pages and upload new photos and videos.
- Coordinate with Chief Technology Officer to resolve any technical issues with social media pages.
- Coordinate with Youth Services Manager on content for Youth Facebook page.
- Promote Workforce Partnership’s mission and services through creation of flyers, press releases and social media campaigns and events.
- Develop and implement an annual communication/outreach plan and calendar.
- Coordinate with Kansas Department of Commerce’s Communications staff on news articles and promotions of partnered events and programs and regularly submit Workforce Partnership content to KSDOC for inclusion in statewide publications.
- Standardize all outbound print and electronic materials and logos.
BUSINESS SERVICES/EVENTS COORDINATION
- Assist with employer outreach strategies featuring proactive and creative sourcing methods.
- Work closely with the Business Services Team, employers and other staff to plan and execute hiring and recruitment events.
- Maintain all online registrations for employer/job seeker events.
- As a member of the Business Services Team, work collaboratively with other team members, both board staff as well as contractor staff.
- Maintain accurate tracking forms, logs and documents related to all digital outreach efforts, and report on progress toward applicable performance objectives, goals and metrics.
- Complete ad-hoc projects or reports, which may involve researching, analyzing and organizing data for presentation purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s degree in field related to the position (Arts, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or English) or equivalent work experience.
- At least one year of work experience in a related position such as public relations; advertising; event planning; social media; editing; magazine, promotional or news production; and/or digital or print media production as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience managing websites (WordPress preferred) and social media accounts as evidenced by work history and application materials.
- Experience in planning events as evidenced by work history and application materials.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills, preferably with experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, SalesForce, e-mail and internet for writing, research and correspondence.
- Excellent communication abilities; strong writing skills and the ability to draft effective business correspondence, press releases and reports with minimal direction.
- Independent judgment and professionalism; ability to develop cooperative working relationships with employers, internal staff, board members, and other stakeholders; customer-service mindset.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently; able to set direction and accomplish required tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and to manage multiple responsibilities with deadlines.
- Strong work ethic, commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work during employer’s regular business hours which are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Employee must also be available to work either before or after regular business hours and on weekends, as needed, in order to meet a deadline.
Local Workforce Investment Area III, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, political affiliation or belief, and for beneficiaries only, citizenship or participation in programs funded under the Workforce Investment Act (WIOA), in admission or access to, opportunity or treatment in, or employment in the administration of or in connection with any WIOA-funded program or activity.