Information Technology-Networking and Cybersecurity
Andrew Lutz is working on a grant with Moraine Valley Community College to study existing designation programs nationally at the K-12 level. Results will be used by the NSA/DHS to inform the development of a potential cybersecurity designation program.
The department provided funding for 10 students to compete in the National Cyber League competition for the Spring 2022 semester. The competition provides an online platform where students can practice cybersecurity challenges.
The department is in the early phases of developing a Cloud Certificate. Supported by industry, this will provide students foundational knowledge in major cloud leader such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google
JOB DESCRIPTION: WEB GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN (FRONT-END)
Amanda Blu & Co. is a fast-growing fashion company located in Shawnee KS looking for a creative, self-motivated graphic design intern with a stellar portfolio to join our team. Our design team creates products for the Amanda Blu brand as well as private label products for large retailers, boutiques, gift shops, casinos, theme parks, catalog groups etc. We are unique in that we are a full line fashion manufacturer with jewelry, apparel, and footwear. Doing business with major retailers across the United States. We have product development teams in our USA and China offices so we can design and manufacture numerous fashion categories at varying price points. We have been sourcing globally for over 35 years in Vietnam, China, India, Turkey, and the Philippines.
We are looking for a creative and detail-oriented front-end web graphic design intern to create and maintain a relevant aesthetic for our websites. This internship role is responsible for working with other designers and web developers to ensure that the website is functional with current products, information, and imagery. This includes maintaining image libraries and creating inventory uploader files in excel to use across multiple platforms.
THE WEB GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN’S PRIMARY DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepare images to coincide with product uploads, social and blog posts.
- Working with developers and designers to create a design strategy.
- Editing and renaming images for websites.
- Choosing fonts and color schemes for websites.
- Testing sites to ensure that they are working correctly.
- Keeping abreast of image editing software innovations.
- Maintaining coding knowledge through extra training.
- Completing other projects as assigned.
- Excellent computer knowledge for both MAC and PC environments. (Will be MAC based)
- Working toward a degree in web development, graphic design, or a related field.
- Must be proficient in basic design programs including Adobe Creative Suite. (Especially Photoshop)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented team player.
- Quick learner and executes tasks with efficiency.
- Possesses a high sense of urgency.
- Able to work well under pressure.
We are flexible with your school schedule. This position is on-site only. This is a paid internship.
Qualified Candidates should send their resume in confidence to: Lara@amandablu.com and/or Paul@amandablu.com.
Lara Wise | 913-361-0486 | email@example.com | www.amandablu.com
Paul Hart | 913-361-0562 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.amandabluwholesale.com