Auto req ID
|To Apply: https://employment.ku.edu/staff/6563BR
|Posting Title||Full Stack Web Developer|
|No. of Positions||1|
|Employee Class||U-Unclassified Professional Staff|
|Work Schedule||8 to 5 Monday thru Friday|
|Job Family||Information Technology-KUL|
|Position Overview||This position provides web development support services for the KU Libraries. Their skillsets will be applied to library management and scholarly communications systems such as the Drupal-based Library Website, digital collections and online exhibits, the institutional repository, and search and discovery tools, and other applications related to teaching, learning and research at the university.
This position is responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of web sites and applications from conception to end of life. This responsibility includes user experience design, dynamic interactivity, integrating applications with external systems, and accessibility. This position will utilize existing purchased or open-sourced software (such as Drupal, Islandora, Omeka, etc), and will be asked to investigate and create custom solutions. Example projects for this position would include:
Reporting in KU Information Technology, the position is part of a team that works in partnership with Libraries staff to provide quality information services to the user community. This position will be communicating with staff in both the Libraries and Information Technology on a daily basis.
|Job Description||50% – Web Development & Support
15% – Assists in innovating new services and solutions.
15% – Client Collaboration and Support
10% – Project Planning
10% Other duties as assigned. Security Profile
|Required Qualifications||1. High School Diploma/ GED and four years of relevant experience or an Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree.
4. Effective written and interpersonal communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
5. Experience working in a team environment as evidenced by application materials.
2. Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS), Drupal preferred.
3. Experience with a web applications framework such as Symphony, Rails, Zend, etc.
4. Experience using SQL to work with a relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
5. Familiarity with XML/XSLT and JSON
6. Familiarity with metadata standards and formats for library systems (e.g., Dublin Core, MODS) and protocols for search and retrieval (e.g. OAI-PHM)
7. Experience with graphic design using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or other tools
8. Experience in a Linux environment.
9. Experience using a version control system (Git preferred.)
10. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
|Additional Candidate Instruction||A complete application consists of:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Deadline for applications is Sunday, July 17, 2016.
|Contact Information to Applicants||Matthew Copeland, IT Technology Coordinator, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Advertised Salary Range||Contingent on Qualifications|
|Application Review Begins||18-Jul-2016|
|Disclaimer||The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).|