Hy-Vee, Inc., is a progressive company working on a wide variety of technologies such as Mobile Computing, Virtualization, Supply Chain Optimization, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Security, Computer Assisted Ordering, and Web and Mobile development.
The Information Technology department will be hiring 9 interns for the summer of 2016. This group will be visiting the stores to install and update Windows computer systems throughout Hy-Vee’s eight state area. Tasks will include installing new servers, working with Active Directory and Hyper-V, as well as staging and deploying workstations. We will be performing various other maintenance tasks and software updates. We are looking for individuals currently studying for a degree in MIS, Computer Science, or some other technical field. The necessary training required for this project will be provided.
The position will be Monday through Friday, with travel and overnight stays. The internship will begin in mid-May and conclude in mid-August. All interns must have a valid driver’s license. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Paid Internship: $15 hr.
For more information, candidates may send an email to ITCareers@hy-vee.com.
The deadline for applying is March 4th, 2016.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at Hy-Vee.com/Careers.
Kansas City Data Center | 9050 NE Underground Drive, Pillar 312 Kansas City, MO 64161
Part time or Full Time: Full time
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) is responsible for providing technical support to the majority of the LightEdge customer base, assisting the Client Implementation Group and Facilities Operations with installs and supporting the Premiere Support Group after hours or during periods of high ticket/call volume. The TSS will assist with dispatches to client location in the Kansas City metro area as needed. This person will work a variety of projects and audits as assigned by management. The TSS will be included in an On-Call rotation to handle emergency requests during non-traditional business hours.
- Answer and respond to customer calls and emails
- Effectively open and work support requests and escalate to the appropriate people/teams when necessary
- Effectively communicate and work with customers regarding their technical support issue
- Work on projects assigned by management
- Other duties as assigned
- Intermediate understanding of TCP/IP
- Intermediate understanding of WAN/LAN
- Intermediate understanding of Compute, Virtualization, and Storage Fundamentals
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multitask and operate with minimal supervision, adjusting priorities accordingly
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and adapt to changes in technology
How to Apply:
- Please email your resume and cover letter to Jenni Nordaker, Internal Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for more information (515-471-1709)
Salary: Depending on Experience
LightEdge is an enterprise-grade cloud service provider and consulting company focused on the needs of small and medium-sized businesses with sophisticated, critical IT requirements. LightEdge offers employees a unique and fun work environment. We remain on the cutting edge of technological advancements and our fast pace atmosphere reflects this.